The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone had an interview for Adult Nursing at Northumbria yet? Had mine 7.12.15 and haven't heard anything, they said it's usually 5-10 days if we're unsuccessful, no news is good news right?!
Hi! ^.^ does anyone have the Adult Nursing tests and interviews for Hertfordshire on the 6th of January?
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE="Nat3001;61316173"]
Original post by crazycrazy

I got an offer from Kingston. The numeracy for Kingston is pretty tough compared to Kings and you can't use a calculator. Some is basic stuff but I am pleased I used the sample test on Kingston's website to prepare. Literacy was fine. The MMIs were fine too. Obviously I can't share what we were asked to do but they were not as bad as I expected.

Thank you, could I ask how long you had to wait for the offer to com through
Reply 1443
Had an interview on the 8th December at Kings and received an unconditional offer tonight!(I've already got my grades) I am so happy!!
Original post by te_amo
My application was sent off on Tuesday, my choices are uni of Chester (rejected) Wolverhampton, Birmingham city, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.

I already feel discouraged from by my rejection

Sighhh

Hey, sorry to hear about Chester. I also got a rejection from them before an interview and it really threw me back and upset me. But i have interviews for my other 4. What branch are you looking to study? Im looking to do childrens nursing xx
are offers going to be given out in the Christmas holiday???
Original post by Rachael McGann
Anyone had an interview for Adult Nursing at Northumbria yet? Had mine 7.12.15 and haven't heard anything, they said it's usually 5-10 days if we're unsuccessful, no news is good news right?!

I had my interview the same day as you!!! I got an offer on monday xx
Reply 1447
Original post by Quilks
Had an interview on the 8th December at Kings and received an unconditional offer tonight!(I've already got my grades) I am so happy!!

Congratulations! I've got a conditional offer as I'm doing the PgDip but I've firmed it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1448
Original post by fc93
Congratulations! I've got a conditional offer as I'm doing the PgDip but I've firmed it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! Congratulations to you too! Yeah I'm gonna accept mine once I've heard back from Birmingham :smile:
Has anyone else got an interview at Leeds or King's college?
Original post by topsygrl
Hi everyone. congratulations to those who have had interviews and offers! I sent my application for Adult nursing two days ago. How long do the unis take to respond if there will be an invitation for test and interview? Thanks xxx

Leeds and King's college replied to me in about a week.It varies for each university.Where have you applied? :smile:
Reply 1451
Hey all, well done to everyone who has had interviews and offers. I sent my application for learning disability nursing off about two weeks ago, I've had an interview at keele and have one at Salford in February still waiting to hear from couple of my choices, does anyone know how long on average Chester and Bangor take to respond?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1452
Original post by char28
Hey all, well done to everyone who has had interviews and offers. I sent my application for learning disability nursing off about two weeks ago, I've had an interview at keele and have one at Salford in February still waiting to hear from couple of my choices, does anyone know how long on average Chester and Bangor take to respond?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i sent my UCAS off on the 17th of November and within 2 weeks Chester had contacted me via post, they never update their UCAS unless they are offering you a place. Also I haven't heard back from bangor.
Reply 1453
Original post by melx
Hi, i sent my UCAS off on the 17th of November and within 2 weeks Chester had contacted me via post, they never update their UCAS unless they are offering you a place. Also I haven't heard back from bangor.

Thank you, just getting anxious now because Chester is my first choice but I guess with it being so close to Christmas I probably won't hear until after Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1454
Original post by char28
Thank you, just getting anxious now because Chester is my first choice but I guess with it being so close to Christmas I probably won't hear until after Christmas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I had an interview at Chester last week but I couldnt make it so they've said they will rearrange it for mid january/february, so don't panic too much they are just receiving so many applications now. Chester is also my first choice, i fell in love with the Warrington campus and the lecturers seemed so friendly and welcoming. Good luck!!! What field are you applying too?
Reply 1455
Original post by melx
Well I had an interview at Chester last week but I couldnt make it so they've said they will rearrange it for mid january/february, so don't panic too much they are just receiving so many applications now. Chester is also my first choice, i fell in love with the Warrington campus and the lecturers seemed so friendly and welcoming. Good luck!!! What field are you applying too?

It's such a popular uni, I just hope I get in, the lecturers seem really nice. I have applied for learning disability, which field have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1456
Original post by char28
It's such a popular uni, I just hope I get in, the lecturers seem really nice. I have applied for learning disability, which field have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It accepts hundreds of students though as it has too takes a year, and the good thing about learning disability and mental health nursing, which is what I have applied for, is that its not too popular so there is less people applying for the courses and therefore you have a better chance. Where else have you applied and have you gained any offers?
Reply 1457
Original post by melx
It accepts hundreds of students though as it has too takes a year, and the good thing about learning disability and mental health nursing, which is what I have applied for, is that its not too popular so there is less people applying for the courses and therefore you have a better chance. Where else have you applied and have you gained any offers?

I've applied for Chester, Bangor, keele and Salford, I had an interview at keele but they said that they won't make any decisions until after Christmas. I had to do a selection day before my interview and there was only me and another girl doing learning disability nursing, a few doing mental health and the rest were midwifery and adult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kirstyboobyer
I had my interview the same day as you!!! I got an offer on monday xx

I had my
Interview that day too and I received an offer on Wednesday
Original post by char28

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Bangor in sept and didn't hear anything at all until Dec where they offered me an interview a week later. Interviews were only for adult and mental health branches. I believe they are holding more interviews mid Feb time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending