Turn on thread page Beta

Caught between a rock and a hard place watch

ReputationRep:
    So I finished an access course (worked really hard on the course) but only came out with merits and some Distinctions. for my desired course Dietetics, I need all Distinctions; meaning I didn't get into uni on a Dietetics course.
    So now I have to decide.. I can do a 3 year Nutrition course and then try and apply for a post graduate Dietetics course (Taking 5 years overall and costing me a lot more in tuition fee's) or the other option is too completely retake my Access course from the beginning (meaning all I have done so far this year has been wasted..and I know I will be miserable throughout the year as it's not where I feel I should be, another thing as well is the college I did my access course at is terrible, the teacher staff are nescient and the organisation of the college is a fiasco..)
    What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    What is the long term plan? Is a degree in dietetics the only way to achieve that goal? You have lots of options besides the two you have just mentioned. Perhaps it might be worth investigating those too?

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    What is the long term plan? Is a degree in dietetics the only way to achieve that goal? You have lots of options besides the two you have just mentioned. Perhaps it might be worth investigating those too?

Good luck!
    Hey, thanks for the reply. The long term plan is to become a Registered Dietitian

ReputationRep:
    And is a degree in dietetics the only route? It would seem that the minimum entry requirements for NHS are A-levels or BTEC equivalent.

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore...-and-training/

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    To become a registered Dietitian it is imperative that I get a degree in Dietetics, unfortunately I can not see any other way. Thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliverHartless)
    To become a registered Dietitian it is imperative that I get a degree in Dietetics, unfortunately I can not see any other way. Thank you for your help
    Hello, I'm considering Dietetics too, what made u consider it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliverHartless)
    Fair enough. I guess the NHS website must be wrong.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Fair enough. I guess the NHS website must be wrong.

Good luck!
    She's right, you require a degree in dietetics. However a nutritionist role is quite similar but not protected by the law.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.