Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mechanics 1 exam tomorrow... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Iv got my mechanics 1 exam tomorro... terrified!!
    I was just wondering how people who are taking this exam are feeling about it... confident?

chuck x

ReputationRep:
    Ive got M1 and 2 tomorrow, should be ok i hope.

ReputationRep:
    What exam board are you taking yours with? I've got mine with OCR on Wednesday 8.35am. I'm pretty dam confident. Let's be honest. There's not a lot to the M1 module. Especially with OCR - we don't have to learn moments or vectors! Coincidentally, in further maths I'm covering M2 at the moment, so it doesn't make any odds to me anyway.

So without vectors you've got... what?

- SUVAT equations
    - F=ma (comes up in a LOT of the questions)
    - Coefficient of friction
    - Resolving forces
    - Acceleration on an inclined plane
    - Pulleys

As long as you know that the angle adjacent to the plane you are resolving in is cosined, tis easy as pie.

Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    there should only be one exam body. By what you've said that Edexcel peper looks alot easier than the M1 paper I did and that other boards set.

How can it be fair that others are tested on more content and don't get any more recognition?

Does the UMS even things out or is it the same exam board that decides on it as well?

I'm doing M1 with my GCSEs and tbh I'm not really worried about it. There's so little in the syllabus that nothing suprising's gonna come up.

ReputationRep:
    IV got my mechanics exam in 30 mins... im doing ocr/mei so i have to do vector questions... you're so lucky to not have to!!

Basically my exam consists of:
    suvat questions, pulleys, vectors, forces, finding tensions... pretty much all but the questions can be v hard sometimes... im thinking il either do really well or really bad!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.