Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this is a totally new method I'm using. I'll see how well it pays off when my results for the summer exams come through...

So it's like this. I read pretty much through the textbook for each subject module, which can take 3, 4 even up to 6 hours per module the rate I crawl through, and I make condensed notes on the whole module which can take about 6 A4 sheets of paper for the average module.

Each sheet of paper is filled with equations, diagrams and all the basic theory that I need to answer pretty much any question the exam throws at me. Then about 2 days before the exam, I'll spend some time reading and re-reading through the notes and do perhaps 1 past paper WITH my notes then another 2 past papers WITHOUT my notes.

Well the test will be over the next 2 days because on Friday I have my S1 exam.

ReputationRep:
    You take notes then do past papers?

ReputationRep:
    Reading is all well and good, cos anybody can read through a book and make notes, the only real indicator is past paper practice

ReputationRep:
    I tried doing purely past papers for my P1 exam, and that was possibly the worst exam I've ever done, so this time I'm trying to put a little more variety into my revision.

ReputationRep:
    whats s1 exam?? im confused!!

ReputationRep:
    Statistics Module 1..I got it on the 21st

ReputationRep:
    hmm seems like a good revision technique...i just try and make detailed notes (in ways iu can understand them) by collating info from both textbooks and teachers notes. then i read them a few times, try and learn them, shove post it notes all over the doors/mirrors/windows, and do a few prac papers. oh and mark the paper.

ReputationRep:
    i just dont think detailed notes work for me...
    especially not with math...
    my notes for the whole of p2 was 2 and a half pages... one side each page max...

its literally tonnes and tonnes of questions.. it obviously worked i got 93%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dust)
    i just dont think detailed notes work for me...
    especially not with math...
    my notes for the whole of p2 was 2 and a half pages... one side each page max...

its literally tonnes and tonnes of questions.. it obviously worked i got 93%
    I don't ever do notes for Maths. Instead, I do any past year paper I can get my hands on. I do the old ones (before 2001) in my own time and with reference to the textbook etc.

The newer ones, I try and complete each question before referring to the markschemes.

And the ones after 2003, I do under exam conditions.

So far I average 95% for my F Maths and Maths modules - and I've never been a good Maths student.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.