Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently passed my test and only got a car yesterday. I'm a bit confused at these signs.There's a street with a single yellow line on both sides. There are small yellow signs on both sides along the road that reads 10-11am mon-fri.

Does this mean I can park there but not at 10-11am? I can also park on the left if the sign is on the right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orka)
    I recently passed my test and only got a car yesterday. I'm a bit confused at these signs.There's a street with a single yellow line on both sides. There are small yellow signs on both sides along the road that reads 10-11am mon-fri.

Does this mean I can park there but not at 10-11am? I can also park on the left if the sign is on the right?
    Are you sure it's 10am to 11am? Seems a bit odd to just have an hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orka)

cant park between 10 and 11 on weekdays, all other times are fine.

You can park on either side of any road, providing you're not causing an obstruction.

(Original post by Shorty94)
    Are you sure it's 10am to 11am? Seems a bit odd to just have an hour.Posted from TSR Mobile
    you usually get such times to stop the 9 - 5 workers parking and leaving their cars there all day, fairly common near colleges / universities and large office blocks / factories and the like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kernow24)
    cant park between 10 and 11 on weekdays, all other times are fine.

You can park on either side of any road, providing you're not causing an obstruction.

you usually get such times to stop the 9 - 5 workers parking and leaving their cars there all day, fairly common near colleges / universities and large office blocks / factories and the like
    Oh fair enough. Makes sense, we've got no parking between 6pm - 8am mon-fri near us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The symbol on the little yellow sign looks like this: Name:  no waiting.gif
Views: 301
Size:  5.4 KB and means "No waiting" in this instance. Generally, it means "Waiting restrictions apply". In context with the text, it means "No waiting 10am - 11am". Hope this helps

(Original post by kernow24)
    OP mentioned that the yellow lines were on both sides, so it pays to check the signs on each side as there's a chance that different hours may apply.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.