Turn on thread page Beta

RAF Medical - Not a pass but not a fail! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering whether anyone had any issues with their Medical Test? I had a "change in medical circumstances" after being diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia a few months before my expected start date (so gutted). It's not an immediate barring as it's so easily managed, but I've been asked to get an array of blood tests to check for other auto-immune diseases that are pretty scary. Surely if I had them too, I'd know. Plus, according to my GP, these aren't available under the NHS!
    Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you sort it out? Who can you contact to get some discussion/ guidance rolling? I spoke to the AFCO who are always helpful but said it was out of their depth - and I've written to the Department of Medicine (as advised), but had no answer...
    It's really frustrating as I'm healthy enough to go to the gym 5 times per week and I have a normal active life. It seems as though my career aspirations will be stunted over communication difficulties.
    Thanks for any feedback - although I appreciate that I might be a bit of loner in this case.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.