Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone recently taken the qts numeracy test? what is the test like???? is it very similar to the online tests? or is it much harder?

ReputationRep:
    There's already a dedicated thread for talking about the QTS tests:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2215346

ReputationRep:
    yes i have seen that thread however i want to know whether the actual tests are much harder than the online practise ones? or are they very similar??? some threads state that the real ones are more difficult and some the real tests are easier?? im confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahana311)
    yes i have seen that thread however i want to know whether the actual tests are much harder than the online practise ones? or are they very similar??? some threads state that the real ones are more difficult and some the real tests are easier?? im confused
    I hope to god they are not harder -- the mental maths bit is doing my absolute head in!

ReputationRep:
    I hope to god they are not harder -- the mental maths bit is doing my absolute head in!

how are you preparing Lambert 87?

ReputationRep:

how are you preparing Lambert 87?
    The online papers help then what I wasn't confident with I am now revising those topics

-------------------------------------------
    If I help at all, please press the thumbs up :-)

ReputationRep:
    Different threads state different answers because it really just depends on what test you get on the day.

I found mine harder than the practice ones, and I'm a maths teacher! But a close friend found hers easier than the practice ones.

Its the same as any test, how easy you will find it depends entirely on what questions comes up. Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    I think how difficult the actual test is will rely heavily on what you are most comfortable with question-wise. For example, I was very comfortable with any graph/chart questions and averages, and luckily had many questions relating to both.

I found the test itself very similar to the practice tests, with one blaring difference: less percentage questions! I practised them for ages and they didn't come up at all in mine....I did get a few Box and Whisker questions, though. Apart from that, I'd say there weren't any major differences, in difficulty or content. One or two of the questions I think I recognised from the practise tests, but with different numbers.

To revise I just went through the practise tests over and over again, alongside watching the Youtube guides constantly. Those are incredibly useful.

ReputationRep:
    They are much harder ! You need to think outside the box when revising as if you think of revising what is on the practice test alone you will fail.

1st is easier but if you dont pass it gets harder as you go on to the next attempts.

My advice is get a book by TIM OTOOL calked GUIDE TO PASSING THE NUMERCY TEST it helped me a lot as it covers all data graphs and examples of written data which you don't cover on the practice test.

ReputationRep:
    They are about the same. With good mental maths and basic math skills, the test shouldn't be a problem.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.