Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my first year of the BA English course.
    I received a provisional mark for the resit exam of Intro to Critical Theory and it was disgustingly low, a whole lot lower than I thought I deserved - but I'm not an expert... yet. Long story short, I will more than likely fail that module, although my other module results are 55%-88%.

I'm worried that this means I won't be able to progress to the second year - does anyone have any experience of:
    a) failing a module but still managing to progress to the second year, or,
    b) retaking a first year module alongside the second year course?

Perhaps the provisional mark is not an accurate indication of what my final mark will be, and the essay assignment accompanying it will bump it up when that gets remarked and finalised tomorrow, but who knows?!

I am panicking terribly and would love some sort of piece of mind if there is any!

Thanks for your help in advance.

ReputationRep:
    If you failed but still 30% or more & as the rest of module are above 40% you can still progress on what's called compensatory. You'd need to talk to your faculty to fill out a form for it I think. If you've failed by more than that, you may be able to just resist the exam Next year when you take you 2 no year modules. Or you might need to retake the module along side your second year, although this depends on if there's space & doesn't clash with you timetable.

If you have failed to progress you should receive an email from your course

ReputationRep:
    You study English and don't know how to use the verb effect correctly?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.