Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Having trouble deciding between starting my TC at A&O and Slaughters so would just like some input from people kind enough to help.

This is also an open invite for anyone (undergrad, grad or postgrad - knock yourself out) that may have questions about how city firms stack up against each other in terms of different aspects e.g. work-life balance, culture to post them here!

Started this because the TC and VS threads are pretty 'strategic' threads that discuss the app process and not so much the firms themselves... will be happy to migrate if this has been done before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 262fch)
    Hey guys!Having trouble deciding between starting my TC at A&O and Slaughters so would just like some input from people kind enough to help. This is also an open invite for anyone (undergrad, grad or postgrad - knock yourself out) that may have questions about how city firms stack up against each other in terms of different aspects e.g. work-life balance, culture to post them here!Started this because the TC and VS threads are pretty 'strategic' threads that discuss the app process and not so much the firms themselves... will be happy to migrate if this has been done before!
    What sort of ECs & work experience do you have?

Also, do MC firms really care that much about university reputation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p3ssimist)
    What sort of ECs & work experience do you have?

Also, do MC firms really care that much about university reputation?
    I do two sports, moot, negotiate and some pro bono on the side. I interned at a Magic Circle firm and two Wall Street firms.

No, not at all! In fact, you can really stand out if you shine during your interview despite not being Oxbridge/RG educated. Partners very much want to see who they'd like working for them - school repute and academics are not the be all and end all in that respect. That being said, coming from a university with a good rep does enhance your credibility if you are already a strong candidate.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I am the only one, but I don't understand what your post is about - what is it you want to know? Are you saying that you have been offered a TC with Slaughters and A&O and you don't know which one to take???

Or are you saying you don't know which to apply for?

???

Hey guys!

Having trouble deciding between starting my TC at A&O and Slaughters so would just like some input from people kind enough to help.

This is also an open invite for anyone (undergrad, grad or postgrad - knock yourself out) that may have questions about how city firms stack up against each other in terms of different aspects e.g. work-life balance, culture to post them here!

Started this because the TC and VS threads are pretty 'strategic' threads that discuss the app process and not so much the firms themselves... will be happy to migrate if this has been done before!

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry, but I think you should do your research, as noone here can advise you on this topic. It really depends. Check the financial statistics, check what your chances are on being accepted as an associate after two years etc. Good luck and also well done!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

If you're having trouble deciding which which firm to accept a training contract offer from then you're better off posting on Roll on Friday. Most people here are applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp93)
    If you're having trouble deciding which which firm to accept a training contract offer from then you're better off posting on Roll on Friday. Most people here are applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok sure, thanks guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.