Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have several patches of discoloured skin from eczema and was wondering if anyone else has successfully got rid of theirs? What do you use on the discoloured patches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by delaura04)
    I have several patches of discoloured skin from eczema and was wondering if anyone else has successfully got rid of theirs? What do you use on the discoloured patches?
    It just goes away over time

ReputationRep:
    posting so I can sub to the thread. I've had eczema since I was a baby and the discoloured skin and scars get me down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Discolouration is nothing to worry about. It will eventually go away naturally as the top layers of skin disintegrate. Eczema can take months or even years to heal from. Doctors can give steroid treatment such as Eumovate or Dermovate which help with stopping rashes and healing skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have very severe eczema,the discolouration tends to be post inflammatory hyperpigmention and tends to gradually go away although it can take up to years depending on the severity. I have a lot of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and some actual scarring, the dermatologists have said the scarring itself is likely to be permanent although won't be as stark as time passes and the discolouration should lift off eventually.

The best thing to do is (quite obviously) is to try to bring your eczema under control, as the inflammation is what is causing he discolouration and the scratching is causing the scarring if present.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about it helping with discolouration but for active eczema, my younger brother had it really bad & this man told my dad to get papaya and rub it all over my brothers body and it helped loads. He then took him to Pakistan and the change in climate help get rid of it completely! I'd really give the papaya a go though, I saw the change immediately with my brother

ReputationRep:
    Also, a Hindu lady swore by blended carrots soaked in something, can't remember what - to be applied as a paste but we never tried that

ReputationRep:
    Warning some peoples eczema will get really bad with papaya but it practically got rid of my brothers

ReputationRep:
    it was the indian spice haldi that the hindu woman was saying to blend the carrots in!!!

(Original post by interact)
    it was the indian spice haldi that the hindu woman was saying to blend the carrots in!!!
    Haldi is turmeric and yeah that does work - my family members have used it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why have you posted anonymously?

Hey Guys, I'm going to make this anonymous because I'm not yet comfortable with my eczema where I would want other users to know about it. But if you want to chat, just hit me up and I'll PM you. I just wanted to share this piece of info with you as I found it while visiting the national eczema society website. I advise everyone to do extra research on this, beyond what I have written to see if it's for you or if it's something you would like to take part in.

But In case you're interested, there is this new treatment that is currently going through it's third stage of testings called Dupilmub, hopefully it will be out for sale by 2018. It's a monoclonal antibody designed for the treatment of atopic diseases such as atopic dermatitis (eczema), asthma etc. It works from the inside, blocking the IL-4 and IL-17 and the drivers of the type 2 helper T-cell–mediated inflammation responsible for the hallmark symptoms of atopic dermatitis. So in short, it stops atopic diseases from further intensifying to where the skin has reacted to the irritants, stopping flare ups and scarring, So it prevents the eczema from flaring up so much and eases the itching. It's great because it does no contain any skin steroids meaning it cannot make the skin thin or lead to cancerous implications.

They are now at phase 3 for testing and are looking for more people to recruit. In the past testings, they gave some placebos and others the real deal and saw tremendous results where people's eczema improved up to 60%. If this passes phase 3, it should be markets in 2018 or later.
    But currently I've been trying to get recruited, it's been a bit difficult for me as I am based here in the UK but hopefully I'm praying to find a spot as I'd like to be part of the testing. There hasn't been any significant side affects seen yet, but some did report having runny noses, colds and mild headaches. I'll add some links for you to read about it and to see if you're interested in being recruited for the testings around your area. Also I've added a video of a lady I watched who has TSW, who was a participant of Dupilmub- she has healed very well and is so far happy with her results:https://nationaleczema.org/dupilumab...ic-dermatitis/http://allergicliving.com/2015/08/07...e-study-finds/http://www.hngn.com/articles/62097/2...apy-by-fda.htmhttp://www.healthline.com/health-new...disease-010515https://nationaleczema.org/research/clinical-trials/study-assess-efficacy-long-term-safety-dupilumab-adult-patients-moderate-to-severe-atopic-dermatitis/-Here's a lady who has TSW who became a candidate for the new Dupilmub drug and her results so far have been excellent:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Oo...IAgBc-Rs81B77tGod bless x If you're interested I suggest you speak to your local GP or check out the websites as they are still trying to recruit members. In case you're interested in taking part in the study of Dupilmub here is the site that tells you the places around you that are recuriting participants. But if you're not interested, look at for 2018 as so far, it most likely will market in that year. Best of luck everyone :https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...07756#contacts

ReputationRep:
    do anon people know when they've been quoted

Not everyone is yet comfortable with others knowing they have eczema. I don't know about the other anonymous user but for me personally, I know this may sound awful but it's taken me a while to accept I have Atopic dermatitis. Even though I went through hell as a kid, was called awful names and often was judged and misunderstood, I tried to repress that and hide my feelings. It became bad, I just didn't want eczema to define me or when people heard my name, straight away they would think of that. Due to the judging from the past etc, I'll rather keep this to myself, even on this site though everyone here so far have been nice, lovely, awesome people. This is the internet lol and people aren't always the nicest though everyone here has been sweet. I am willing though to support and help others who suffer from eczema as I know how it feels, it completely sucks. When it comes to treatments, tips and advise I'm all for that.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone is yet comfortable with others knowing they have eczema. I don't know about the other anonymous user but for me personally, I know this may sound awful but it's taken me a while to accept I have Atopic dermatitis. Even though I went through hell as a kid, was called awful names and often was judged and misunderstood, I tried to repress that and hide my feelings. It became bad, I just didn't want eczema to define me or when people heard my name, straight away they would think of that. Due to the judging from the past etc, I'll rather keep this to myself, even on this site though everyone here so far have been nice, lovely, awesome people. This is the internet lol and people aren't always the nicest though everyone here has been sweet. I am willing though to support and help others who suffer from eczema as I know how it feels, it completely sucks. When it comes to treatments, tips and advise I'm all for that.
    you'd have to be abit sad to be mean to someone suffering from eczema. hope you get better

honestly, papaya helps eczema. try it on a little part and see what happens. transformed my brothers eczema. if anyone was ever mean to him about his eczema id drown them in a toilet

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that - I got confused between this thread and another one where I wanted to post anon.
    I ticked anonymous by mistake on this one!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.