(Original post by Jacques1st)
    Just got my timetable.

2 days a week. Wow...

2 days...??

Should have done A-levels...
    is it too late to change?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greycheck)
    You're not smart enough for a levels if BTEC was your first choice mate.You've ****ed up your life lmao its too late.
    A levels and BTEC cover the same content to the same level, How have they ****ed up their life? I did BTEC at college (that being said mine was 5 days per week) and im a second year Computer Science student at a good university, you dont know what you're talking about, A levels mean nothing in the real world

ReputationRep:
    ayy - it's a good thing! look for a part time job, whereas other a level students are skint (presumably) because of the amount of work load they have

ReputationRep:
    Just got my timetable.

2 days a week. Wow...

2 days...??

What course are you doing?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    A levels and BTEC cover the same content to the same level, How have they ****ed up their life? I did BTEC at college (that being said mine was 5 days per week) and im a second year Computer Science student at a good university, you dont know what you're talking about, A levels mean nothing in the real world
    Lmao unless you're in a top uni dont try big up btecs

ReputationRep:
    You're not smart enough for a levels if BTEC was your first choice mate.You've ****ed up your life lmao its too late.
    String of A*s...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    What course are you doing?!
    Public Services. It's just the diploma. So at the end of year 1, I could decide to walk away with that. (Still earns UCAS points) Then go and study A-levels at 6th form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright12345)
    is it too late to change?
    Yes. But I could take just the diploma at the end of year 1 and go study A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Public Services. It's just the diploma. So at the end of year 1, I could decide to walk away with that. (Still earns UCAS points) Then go and study A-levels at 6th form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay. I find it weird how you only have 2 days of teaching. May I ask why you decided to do Btec? How did you perform on your GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    Lmao unless you're in a top uni dont try big up btecs
    Not trying to 'big up' BTECs, I am saying there are so many misconceptions by little brats who are still at school who think that A levels are the only route to success, wait until you go into the real world, people will just laugh at you if you try and justify your competencies through your A level grades BTECs are very good qualifications and are respected in industry + offer better employability than A levels at graduate and school leaver level,

I did a Computing BTEC and it was so much better than Computing A level its ridiculous in terms of course content, assessment and employment options, I'm a second year CompSci student at Royal Holloway, University of London

ReputationRep:
    Just got my timetable.

2 days a week. Wow...

2 days...??

Wowowow! I was going to college, starting next Monday, to do BTEC Level 3 Media with Journalism, because they accept 4 GCSEs or more but the next day I was accepted to sixth form to do A levels! My parents said to me that if all went wrong at sixth form in the first year, I'd go to the college. BTECs can still get you into university! Degrees either ask you for A Levels or equivalent good luck anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. Two days of college a week is a bad thing? I never knew that. Can someone explain this entire situation to me please? I've never come across this before, it's rather interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Not trying to 'big up' BTECs, I am saying there are so many misconceptions by little brats who are still at school who think that A levels are the only route to success, wait until you go into the real world, people will just laugh at you if you try and justify your competencies through your A level grades BTECs are very good qualifications and are respected in industry + offer better employability than A levels at graduate and school leaver level,

I did a Computing BTEC and it was so much better than Computing A level its ridiculous in terms of course content, assessment and employment options, I'm a second year CompSci student at Royal Holloway, University of London
    Aint CompSci at Imperial doe

ReputationRep:
    What an ass

ReputationRep:

Royal Holloway is not even in the top 10 lmao. Who's more likely going to get a Job if I was to attend imperial/UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seizetoday)
    Aint CompSci at Imperial doe
    Imperial do Computing not CompSci

you can only do Maths + CompSci at imperial

I know its not but im still at a very good university and also how many people do you know at imperial :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Oh okay. I find it weird how you only have 2 days of teaching. May I ask why you decided to do Btec? How did you perform on your GCSEs?
    As and Bs. I wasn't sure I whated to seek a carrer in the police or be a secondary school teacher in history. I've more or less decided on being a history teacher. In theory I could do the BTEC for 2 years, then go to university and study history, do my PGSE. However I don't find the course enjoyable. I don't see it as academically challenging, which I like. I also prefer an exam setting as I find it rewarding and fun to look forward to. Like to 'show off' kind of in an exam. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it might not be too late to change if you want to - my college let you change your course up until the first halfterm, maybe speak to a careers advisor at your college?
    if not use this as an opportunity to get a part time job or do some volunteering work, you have a lot extra spare time than other students, use this to your advantage and boost your cv/uni application!

ReputationRep:
    Royal Holloway is not even in the top 10 lmao. Who's more likely going to get a Job if I was to attend imperial/UCL?
    You clearly have no concept of the real world if you feel the need to add 'lmao' after saying it isnt a top 10, it was 12th when I applied btw

Also:

- A potential job would depend on the grade you get not the university entirely, however it does help going to a good oneit is also dependent on your skill set, for example if you didnt do any Python or Java on your degree and they were required skills for the job, i would probably be ahead of you.

- I could have gone to UCL :P
    - Are you looking to do CompSci?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.