Turn on thread page Beta

Opinions on / help with this YouTube channel?. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello there. I created a channel around July time, focused mainly on GTA ONLINE , but also beginning to work on other games as well.

It has improved significantly since it was first created, but I have found it difficult sometimes to keep up with it, especially over the past week, after I had been hurt in a basketball game and was largely out of action for most of the day.

I was wondering if anyone would mind giving me their opinions on my channel, in terms of presentation, the sorts of things that are in the videos etc.

In fact, really, to call it 'my' channel would be incorrect now, as there are actually 2 other people, one of which uploads and the other manages it.

So, yeah, wondered what people's thoughts were, and also, if anyone would like to join in helping me run it, it would be greatly appreciated, and I will PM you the details you need.

I'm aware GTA isn't to everyone's tastes, but I'm currently also working on F1, project cars and diablo 3. I will also start work on MGS V next week.

The link for the channel is below. I will not hound anyone to "like and subscribe" (and I don't do this in videos either), but if you do it is greatly appreciated, and now that I'm feeling better there's more to come. I figured the opinions of people who are a similar age to myself would be valuable. If you do check this out, thanks it is much appreciated, and if you wish to join in with us, we're on PS4 (i'll PM you my PSN ID) Some of the guys I play with are real characters, and it's their 'banter' that really makes it for me

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAnfjTENjMSq7wRkbZbIXxQ

Also, below is an example of a short video from the channel:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmsxil3IG4U

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday, I uploaded 2 new sets of videos.

One of them is the beginning parts of MGS V : The Phantom Pain, which I believe to be a fantastic game, and it also reminds me of metal gear solid peacewalker, which was once my favourite game.

The other set of videos is an unusual one. For those who play GTA ONLINE, you may have played a job called 'snipers vs stunters', or some variant of it. Well, I actually met and spoke to the creator of that job, 'CCC_010' and raced against him. He's a great guy, and I strongly recommend you check out his YouTube channel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noj777)
    It has improved significantly since it was first created, but I have found it difficult sometimes to keep up with it, especially over the past week, after I had been hurt in a basketball game and was largely out of action for most of the day.

I was wondering if anyone would mind giving me their opinions on my channel, in terms of presentation, the sorts of things that are in the videos etc.
    Perhaps cut down on the amount of videos you upload per time period; I looked at your channel and there were about twenty videos uploaded in the last 24 hours- subscribers aren't going to like their subscription feed being inundated with loads of videos from the same person at once. Especially if you're finding it difficult to keep up.

Make the titles clearly defined: if you're playing GTA Online, make sure that you put it into the title, and the same with other games. Videos entitled "WTF!" for example don't contain much information about them, do they? Punctuation makes titles attractive too- capitalising every word in a title or adding a simple exclamation point at the end might be enough to entice someone to click.

Standardise the descriptions of the videos, too. A video without a description might seem like a rushed one. Any contact links or details about what your video contains should be here- mentioning the game name and device that it is being played on, etc. 'Thanks for watching', for another simple example.

Perhaps also make the start if the videos more 'interesting'? I mean, introducing the video or making sure that the first couple of seconds isn't full of silence, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Perhaps cut down on the amount of videos you upload per time period; I looked at your channel and there were about twenty videos uploaded in the last 24 hours- subscribers aren't going to like their subscription feed being inundated with loads of videos from the same person at once. Especially if you're finding it difficult to keep up.

Make the titles clearly defined: if you're playing GTA Online, make sure that you put it into the title, and the same with other games. Videos entitled "WTF!" for example don't contain much information about them, do they? Punctuation makes titles attractive too- capitalising every word in a title or adding a simple exclamation point at the end might be enough to entice someone to click.

Standardise the descriptions of the videos, too. A video without a description might seem like a rushed one. Any contact links or details about what your video contains should be here- mentioning the game name and device that it is being played on, etc. 'Thanks for watching', for another simple example.

Perhaps also make the start if the videos more 'interesting'? I mean, introducing the video or making sure that the first couple of seconds isn't full of silence, etc.

Very useful feedback, thankyou. I had a massive backlog of videos that I didn't get around to uploading straight away, because I hadn't felt very well. This isn't usually the case, but you're right, I should be conscious of this. The silence is a weird editing problem I'm looking into. The point about titles: initially when the channel was only GTA it didn't matter as much, but you're right about it being badly labelled, especially now, I will definitely change this, and descriptions. Again, thankyou.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.