Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey, im now applying for jobs around my uni, and im not sure what to include in my cv/cover letter - the jobs ive had before have been in local cafes/pubs and havent really had any formal application process (more you go in ask and they say yes)
    im applying for retail jobs as my uni is 2 mins away from a large shopping centre, so what should i include? does anybody have any templates or suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Your CV lists your experience. You covering letter is a means to introduce yourself and point out parts of your CV which are relevant to the job you are applying for. In other words, the covering letter is a sales pitch for your CV.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citydeer)
    hey, im now applying for jobs around my uni, and im not sure what to include in my cv/cover letter - the jobs ive had before have been in local cafes/pubs and havent really had any formal application process (more you go in ask and they say yes)
    im applying for retail jobs as my uni is 2 mins away from a large shopping centre, so what should i include? does anybody have any templates or suggestions?
    Google for a template. I wouldnt bother with a cover letter for a retail job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Google for a template. I wouldnt bother with a cover letter for a retail job.
    some of them dont bother but some ask to have a cover letter and i have no idea what one is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citydeer)
    some of them dont bother but some ask to have a cover letter and i have no idea what one is
    http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cover_letters.htm

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.