"Most of the people in the UK hate the gays and the others are just pretending." Watch

gagafacea1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
To what extent is that statement true?

EDIT: this is not coming FROM me, it was said by someone I know. I, of course, disagree.
abc:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by gagafacea1)
To what extent is that statement true?
I'd estimate it's roughly 0% true :facepalm:
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To no extent at all. Most are fine with them.
Truths
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's not hate. But most pretend to be more comfortable with it than they actually are.
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am against the legalisation and normalisation of homosexuality in society. It's ok if they do it privately and do not publicise It.
HawluchaGracias
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Disagree with the statement. Someone is just dumb and very closed minded.
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
According to recent statistics the statement is 20% true, 42% of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheWorldEndsWithYou
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by slade p)
I am against the legalisation and normalisation of homosexuality in society. It's ok if they do it privately and do not publicise It.
Isn't the thinking that homosexuality isn't normal archaic?

I think quite a few people are pretending to like gay people since it being enforced more and more that homosexuality is normal and natural - which it is especially at this point in our society.

The UK seems to puffing out their chest and stating that we're a tolerant nation a lot these days but it's becoming increasingly clear that this isn't strictly true and there are probably some out there who say it simply so that won't be hated for being homophobic.
Achaea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Truths)
It's not hate. But most pretend to be more comfortable with it than they actually are.
How do you know 'most' do? Have you asked 'most' people? Or are you just projecting?
minor bun engine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Very untrue. However I think most people still view heterosexual relationships as the "ideal". Most parents would prefer their kids to be heterosexual, most people would prefer a kid to be raised by heterosexuals. I think it's very naive to think that acceptance of homosexuality is so thorough that such viewpoints are no longer common.
battycatlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The younger generation really don't care all that much at uni and stuff.

I think a lot of people say they are comfortable with it but aren't when actually faced with it. When I'm out with my girlfriend we still get a lot of stares for holding hands, although they're not necessarily hostile.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (4)
4%
No (96)
96%

Watched Threads