What do you do when you feel ugly? Watch

ConstantlyStressed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
no, this isn't an attention-seeking post. this is merely me trying to tackle something every single human being at one point feels; that they're ugly.

I'm generally okay with how I look; heck, there are days I'm really digging how I look. But then there are also days (which have become increasingly so) where I wake up feeling like utter crap. I feel soooo ugly. And it really brings me down, because all it takes is for me to spot a couple of TV and then get really sad about the fact that no-one could ever possibly be attracted to me.

Even on my rough days, I think I look 20x uglier than other girls on their rough days.

I usually just ride these feelings out, but they've began happening more and more to the point where I wake up feeling crappy every other day.

What do you guys do when you feel completely ugly?
TheReckless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i wear really baggy clothing like tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie, I wrap myself in a thick blanket, order pizza online and binge watch Netflix.

So I pretty much keep to myself during those days. I find it easier to be alone than in the company of other people.
TheGuyReturns
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ConstantlyStressed)
I look in the mirror.

Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I feel for you, I am currently in the process of growing out my eyebrows after they were threaded too thin. Just passing the 6th week now and they look so messy 😫 Honestly, just read a book or do something constructive that will take your mind off it. It usually comes and go's.
ammmauk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
stay home until you start looking good again
jackien1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Take a shower cause I always look better after a shower. But I usually like how I look anyway so.
Cherie Amour
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I stay inside.
Cherie Amour
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheReckless)
i wear really baggy clothing like tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie, I wrap myself in a thick blanket, order pizza online and binge watch Netflix.

So I pretty much keep to myself during those days. I find it easier to be alone than in the company of other people.
Yes, yes, yes. I'd rather not poorly represent myself when feeling glum. I stay inside and prepare to look and feel better for another day. I'm going to print your post out and show my mother next time she judges me. (not really...or maybe I will.)
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I go to my mum who tells me i am beautiful
Spotted Monkey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I usually make more of an effort to workout on my ugly days because it makes me feel powerful. Like I am strog and competant regardless of how I look. I also try to wear nicer clothes instead of just lettting go and feeling frumpy.
NutellaLuv
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When i feel ugly i sometimes put on makeup and put on my best outfit just to remind myself i can look great if make the effort.

Other times when i feel ugly i still look in the mirror and tell myself i look beauts anyway. The way you think you look projects onto what you see. If you looked in the mirror and called yourself pretty every single time you'd start to believe it.

You're probs bot even ugly, just critical, not gonna lie and say everyone's beautiful on the outside cos thats a lie. But most truly stereotypicaly ugly people don't even know they are, they allow that inner beauty to shine, sounds cliche but its true :P
arfah
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ConstantlyStressed)
no, this isn't an attention-seeking post. this is merely me trying to tackle something every single human being at one point feels; that they're ugly.

I'm generally okay with how I look; heck, there are days I'm really digging how I look. But then there are also days (which have become increasingly so) where I wake up feeling like utter crap. I feel soooo ugly. And it really brings me down, because all it takes is for me to spot a couple of TV and then get really sad about the fact that no-one could ever possibly be attracted to me.

Even on my rough days, I think I look 20x uglier than other girls on their rough days.

I usually just ride these feelings out, but they've began happening more and more to the point where I wake up feeling crappy every other day.

I just think looks can only get you so far in life.
I tell myself that I'm healthy and alive and that's all that matters. That on the whole, makes me better off than a lot of people today.
picklescamp
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I rarely feel ugly to be honest. When I do I do my makeup a bit nicer and sometimes even do my hair which I usually just leave

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
I go to my mum who tells me i am beautiful
naww
TheReckless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cherie Amour)
Yes, yes, yes. I'd rather not poorly represent myself when feeling glum. I stay inside and prepare to look and feel better for another day. I'm going to print your post out and show my mother next time she judges me. (not really...or maybe I will.)
Exactly. If anything, I online shop for new make up/clothes in preparation for my better days :lol:

On a slightly unrelated note: you're gorgeous btw.
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by picklescamp)
naww
:teehee:
Cherie Amour
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheReckless)
Exactly. If anything, I online shop for new make up/clothes in preparation for my better days :lol:

On a slightly unrelated note: you're gorgeous btw.
Thank you, likewise, but for me lighting does wonders. I'm being coy.

I love shopping online, it's all I do and although the wait is longer than the queues in shops (maybe), and aside from the worry of whether it will be what you wanted, (or if the postman is a dunce), I find the whole experience of getting an exclusive jacket or chain with no hassle and just a click to be slightly orgasmic.
AzimH
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I eat until I get a food coma
AzimH
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But mainly work out.
InternetGangster
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I go to my cosmetic surgeon and tell him to fix what needs fixing.
Biryani007
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Put on some red lipstick, works wonders :kiss:

I don't usually go out when I feel ugly and depressed....it's the worst when you have to go somewhere...you just got to accept that your face is your face and get on with it ://
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
13.73%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (53)
20.78%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (32)
12.55%
How can I be the best version of myself? (77)
30.2%

Watched Threads