Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have applied for my student loan. I don't live with my parents and have supported myself for 3 years.

I filled in the application and under the 'to-do' lists it asks for my 3 years worth of payslips or references and documents from all my employers.

This is impossible. I've lost alot of my payslips and 3 of my jobs were cash in hand. Alot of the jobs I worked in have shut down or management has changed so I have no way of contacting them.

The jobs I've had from the last year I can contact, but the other 2 years I cannot.

How do I do this?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds sketchy. How can you lose your payslips? Ask your current employer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherie Amour)
    Sounds sketchy. How can you lose your payslips? Ask your current employer?
    Losing 3 years worth of payslips whilst moving around the country isn't difficult. Some jobs I didn't receive payslips. My current employer and the last 3 are not an issue, it's the ones before then which are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettTheCat)
    Losing 3 years worth of payslips whilst moving around the country isn't difficult. Some jobs I didn't receive payslips. My current employer and the last 3 are not an issue, it's the ones before then which are.
    Ok well, ask your current employer. I also simply googled "lost your payslips" and I suggest you do it too.

ReputationRep:
    The only other way to provide proof of your income would be to get HMRC to provide info from your tax records. As you've been paid cash for some of the time, presumably you haven't paid tax, so that isn't a viable option for you.

Sounds like you'll have to be assessed on your parents' income if they'll co-operate. Otherwise you'll just get the Tuition Fee Loan (not income-assessed) and a minimum Maintenance Loan unless you delay starting your degree until you're 25. Once you're 25 and you start a full-time degree, you'll automatically get the maximum Maintenance Loan.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.