Turn on thread page Beta

Didn't bond with anyone on first day of college watch

ReputationRep:
    I felt really awkward since I didn't really know anyone and talk to anyone that much, and I want to express myself and be talkative but I was placed in a group with people I didnt really connect with. And I want to make new friends, most of the people in my course are older then me also by like a year does that make a difference? Anyway I'm gonna try and be as confident as I can tomoz at college also I'm worried if they let the students chose the groups tomorrow because I will left out since I didn't connect with anyone that much and there is already groups coming together.

ReputationRep:
    When I started junior college, I did not make ANY friends in my orientation group. I was completely silent in that group. Then I got sorted into my actual class and I made good friends there. Give it time.

I wouldn't say age really makes a difference at all. I hang out with someone 3 years older than me and I always forget that unless it's specifically brought up.

Be confident, not cocky.

ReputationRep:
    Be calm and cool and smile.That brings in positive energy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackien1)
    When I started junior college, I did not make ANY friends in my orientation group. I was completely silent in that group. Then I got sorted into my actual class and I made good friends there. Give it time.

I wouldn't say age really makes a difference at all. I hang out with someone 3 years older than me and I always forget that unless it's specifically brought up.

Be confident, not cocky.
    What is an orientation? Is it the group you start off with since the groups are being changed next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpppppppp)
    What is an orientation? Is it the group you start off with since the groups are being changed next week.
    Yeah kinda. It's just a temporary group to go around the school with doing their activities before the school sorts out your actual class.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry. I did bond with some people on my first day but of those only one was still a friend two weeks later.

Ended up leaving with a group of friends I met in November (although technically I had known one of them for years- just didn't recognise her) and that one guy who remained from my first day (he's following me on this, so for the record: you know who you are)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.