Turn on thread page Beta

Do you have to give oral presentation when doing EPQ watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing this next summer if I missed the Ucas points needed for what will be my first choice. I was just wandering is it just a written 5,000 word essay or do you have to give a presentation too as I wanted to do this as a private candidate out of school.
    Also, any other ways of getting extra Ucas points will be appreciated as I'm just thinking of last case resorts If i don't get In. I'm aware we can't pick up additional AS Levels next year due to the linear changes so wanted to explore options for the worst case scenario.
    Thanks,
    Alex

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you write the 5000 word essay first and do the oral presentation when you've finished the essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexp98)
    I was thinking of doing this next summer if I missed the Ucas points needed for what will be my first choice. I was just wandering is it just a written 5,000 word essay or do you have to give a presentation too as I wanted to do this as a private candidate out of school.
    Also, any other ways of getting extra Ucas points will be appreciated as I'm just thinking of last case resorts If i don't get In. I'm aware we can't pick up additional AS Levels next year due to the linear changes so wanted to explore options for the worst case scenario.
    Thanks,
    Alex
    First you need to make sure that the university accepts an EPQ as part of the points. There's a presentation you have to do at the end to talk about the whole process and your results. I think you get marked on you presentation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florality)
    First you need to make sure that the university accepts an EPQ as part of the points. There's a presentation you have to do at the end to talk about the whole process and your results. I think you get marked on you presentation.
    Yeah, the Uni does accept it. What would happen if i wanted to do it privately then?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the Uni does accept it. What would happen if i wanted to do it privately then?
    I don't think you can. You have to have a mentor who helps you through it and offers advice etc, so you wouldn't be able to do that privately.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Unfortunately I don't think the EPQ is available to private candidates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Unfortunately I don't think the EPQ is available to private candidates
    Ok, thanks guys

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.