Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do chemistry and biology for a levels but i got a c for maths. The problem is that my college only accepts a b for maths so i couldnt do the courses I wanted to do so im thinking about either doing the btec course or doing a retake for maths. My science grades were decent i got an A for core and a B for additional(just missing out on an A) I need some advice on what to do

ReputationRep:
    Will you college let you take A-level science if you chose to retake your maths? If so then that's obviously a possibility. But be warned; Biology and Chemistry exams are not easy, so retaking your GCSE Maths at the same time could potentially hinder your grades in the Sciences. --- You could chose to do the Extended Diploma in Applied Science, which equivalent to 3 Alevels and should get you into university. --- What are you planning to do when you're older?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.