Computer Science: Double Business vs Maths

Watch
Bacon_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all, basically I am wondering if Uni's will prefer that I have either ABB (Double Business and Computing) or ABD/C (Business, Computing, Maths) for a Computer Science sandwich course degree. Is having maths, albeit at a lower grade, going to increase my chances of getting into a Uni or will have the correct grades but not maths improve my chances? Uni's I am looking at are mainly Kent and Essex.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only way to find out is to give them a ring and ask. When I applied to Uni many moons ago, I had offers that ranged from BBB from York, BCC from Aston, Brum and UMIST (now Manchester) all the way down to DDD (Salford) DD (Teeside and Dundee). No idea what the lie of the land is now, but each department will specify entry requirements.

Good luck!
Bacon_
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
The only way to find out is to give them a ring and ask. When I applied to Uni many moons ago, I had offers that ranged from BBB from York, BCC from Aston, Brum and UMIST (now Manchester) all the way down to DDD (Salford) DD (Teeside and Dundee). No idea what the lie of the land is now, but each department will specify entry requirements.

Good luck!
Thanks, I am definitely going to be calling them up tomorrow and asking their opinions on it. Just hoping someone on here has some personal experience with it
Bacon_
Rep:
?
bump, anyone else got any insight?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bacon_)
Thanks, I am definitely going to be calling them up tomorrow and asking their opinions on it. Just hoping someone on here has some personal experience with it
Fair enough. However, for life changing decisions like this, you need the facts from the horses mouth rather than online hearsay.

Good luck!
Natalie.1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bacon_)
Hi all, basically I am wondering if Uni's will prefer that I have either ABB (Double Business and Computing) or ABD/C (Business, Computing, Maths) for a Computer Science sandwich course degree. Is having maths, albeit at a lower grade, going to increase my chances of getting into a Uni or will have the correct grades but not maths improve my chances? Uni's I am looking at are mainly Kent and Essex.
Hello,

I currently study at the University of Essex (Psychology) and really love it so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

^Natalie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed