Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1. I wanted to do chemistry and biology for a levels but i got a c for maths. The problem is that my college only accepts a b for maths so i couldnt do the courses I wanted to do so im thinking about either doing the btec course or doing a retake for maths. My science grades were decent i got an A for core and a B for additional(just missing out on an A) I need some advice on what to do

ReputationRep:
    Which BTEC course are you thinking of doing instead of those A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirundist)
    Which BTEC course are you thinking of doing instead of those A Levels?
    BTEC Extended National Diploma (Level 3)is what i might do but im worried that when i leave college it will be harder to get the courses i want to study at uni as A levels are more prefered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mo2200)
    BTEC Extended National Diploma (Level 3)is what i might do but im worried that when i leave college it will be harder to get the courses i want to study at uni as A levels are more prefered
    Hmm, I'm afraid I don't know much about that BTEC course. Have you spoken to any pastoral/careers/course advisors at school?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 7, 2015

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.