Engineering Queries Watch

Sunnyftw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm really interested in the aspect of an engineer, especially Chemical engineer I'd love to work with resources etc. Be able to come up with new ways of using fuel. I had some queries, some of my uncle friends recommended me not to go into engineering as it wasn't a stable career and could find myself struggling to get job and finding job security, they also said the pay does not reflect the hard work they do, My ambition is not to be rich but earn a good amount such as 60-80k I'd be more than satisfied with.

I've always been a person who loves to create things and was wondering in a profession such as this would allow myself to express my ideas whilst using my scientific knowledge. I'm interested in Mechanical engineering but I didn't do Physics at A level and I've been told its really competitive and not paid well. I want to impact the world and help it in a way such as this, but I I'm interested in what type of jobs a mechanical engineer and chemical/petroleum engineer can do in the future? work for a company? design inventions? etc
BWV1007
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Man who kept telling you all this bull**** about engineers not being able to find jobs/are badly paid? If engineering doesn't pay what does? Banking? You can even enter banking with an engineering background.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sunnyftw
Rep:
?
(Original post by BWV1007)
Man who kept telling you all this bull**** about engineers not being able to find jobs/are badly paid? If engineering doesn't pay what does? Banking? You can even enter banking with an engineering background.

Posted from TSR Mobile
.I never really considered banking but I feel an investment banker or something like that is maybe something I wouldn't want to do. I want a profession where I am constantly coming up with ideas which can benefit the world but would also want job security as long a good pay.
Gwenuin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Engineering is one of the best payed and stable fields that exists. In the UK we have around a third of the number of engineers we actually need, there is huge demand for them. If you are looking for a stable career and guaranteed work and high pay, engineering (apart from petroleum engineering) is probably your single best option.
Sunnyftw
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gwenuin)
Engineering is one of the best payed and stable fields that exists. In the UK we have around a third of the number of engineers we actually need, there is huge demand for them. If you are looking for a stable career and guaranteed work and high pay, engineering (apart from petroleum engineering) is probably your single best option.
I can't do mechanical engineering as I don't have Physics. The next bets option looks like Chemical engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (17)
14.41%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (8)
6.78%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (24)
20.34%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (19)
16.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (14)
11.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (36)
30.51%

Watched Threads