The Student Room Group

Wanted to do S2 but being forced to do M1

I was just told that I will be doing M1 instead of S2, but I nearly failed physics last year and can't do mechanics at all. Is the school allowed to force you into doing a part of the course you don't want. surely if they offer S2 I should be allowed to switch. I haven't talk to the head of year but will tommorow. Im just looking for opinions.
Original post by Danz0r123
I was just told that I will be doing M1 instead of S2, but I nearly failed physics last year and can't do mechanics at all. Is the school allowed to force you into doing a part of the course you don't want. surely if they offer S2 I should be allowed to switch. I haven't talk to the head of year but will tommorow. Im just looking for opinions.

My school only offers M1/S1 if you're doing A-Level maths and will only let you do M2/S2 if you're doing further.
I even asked my teachers if I could do M1 and then M2 but they wouldn't let me (I want to do physics at university)

Probably not useful to you, but good luck!

We allow a free choice ... even if it means I'm teaching two different modules to a group.

Talk to your teacher/head of maths and explain this. Tell them you're more likely to get a good grade in S2.
Reply 4
Okay thanks because im really worried about this as i came out at a high B at as and i think if i tok m1 it would drop to a d if im lucky

Quick Reply

Latest