The Student Room Group

My hairs too thin :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this (cba To read replies) but use castor oil, put a little in your shampoo and just use it twice a week in your hair, make sure it is 100% pure castor oil, this made my hair sooo much thicker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure if it works for thin hair, but I've been using Argon oil to moisturise my hair as it's been getting dry. I put it on when it's damp after washing it. Hopefully that may help? I'd say try not to use electrical appliances on your hair if you can avoid it for a while x
Reply 62
Nyassa Hibiscus Shampoo brings with it the natural goodness of Hibiscus and Barley protein. This blend moisturises the scalp and also nourishes it. The Hibiscus Shampoo qualifies as a perfect hair care product that promotes healthy growth of lustrous hair. Hibiscus Extract is known as an effective natural hair conditioner and also an excellent moisturiser. The Barley protein binds moisture to hair and keeps it nourished and hydrated. It also works against damage done to the hair. This anti-dandruff shampoo with its Hibiscus Extract soothes the scalp and arrests the presence of dandruff. The Hibiscus Shampoo is gentle on hair as it SLS, SLES and Paraben free; it’s safe enough to be for daily hair care. It works best on dry and damaged hair. The floral woody fragrance adds to the cosmetic charm of this shampoo. For better results, recommended to use with Hibiscus Conditioner.
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Does anyone know how to get my hair thicker its just too thin and you can see my scalp in one area :frown:

Heyyy, have you ever considered hair extensions for added thickness? xx
Thinning hair is usually a sign something is up, especially for women. Often the most common reasons are inflammation and lack of nutrition and blood circulation. If you want to thicken it here is a few things you can start doing:

- stop using all products on your hair and stop styling in any way. E.g straighteners, curlers, even tying up your hair. Products can aggravate inflammation which damages hair follicles and can potentially lead to hair falling off. Tying hair up restricts blood circulation and makes matters worse.

- start doing scalp massage and you can supplement it with an oil like coconut oil for its anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. This stimulates blood vessels and hopefully means your follicles receive more nutrients and oxygen through the blood to produce better quality hair.

- Buy some hydrolysed beef collagen powder. Collagen is really important for anything related to skin and hair and almost everyone doesn't have enough of a bio-available protein source in their diet.

- Change your shampoo. Get one which is SLS and paraben free, also free of any scents. These again can worsen inflammation which isn't good for already thinning hair. Also, don't go for hair thickening shampoos specifically since most contain glycerin or another fatty acid that fatten the hair shaft (basically it will make your hair look thicker but not actually thicken)

Source: https://humancure.com/10-ways-to-thick-hair/ - there are few more tips here which you can might find helpful, no point of listing them all here.

Quick Reply

Latest