Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I am a junior at the international school. I don't know for sure whom I want to become, but I want to study something that connected with business.

Recently I found about the brand management, Can somebody explain me more about this job? Is it demanded and if it is, in which direction it is the most demanded?(like in the clothes or furniture companies)

If I study this, which subjects should I have to learn before going to the uni?

I will be very grateful if somebody could answer the question. Thank you a lot in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateph)
    Hi!
    I am a junior at the international school. I don't know for sure whom I want to become, but I want to study something that connected with business.

Recently I found about the brand management, Can somebody explain me more about this job? Is it demanded and if it is, in which direction it is the most demanded?(like in the clothes or furniture companies)

I will be very grateful if somebody could answer the question. Thank you a lot in advance
    Hi,

A lot of job titles are being rebranded nowadays to make them sound fancier. In my opinion 'brand management' is sort of like a mixture of marketing and public relations.

Brand management is exactly what it sounds like... managing a brand's presence in the public eye. For example, brand managers for high fashion clothes like Gucci work on making sure you know that Gucci is known for being exclusive, high priced clothes brand and high quality.

The way they go about this will depend massively on the industry. It could be managing the brand's offline presence such as logos, stores, packaging, etc. or online presence such as social media, websites, etc.

I don't know how much the job title of 'brand manager' is desired, however, I can't imagine there are a lack of jobs in it. The marketing / PR industry is certainly a huge one, if that's anything to go off.

Personally if you're interested in brand management / PR type roles I would say work experience is certainly the most important thing. Just study a 'traditional' / valued subject that you enjoy, and that you are capable of doing well in. I wouldn't recommend anyone to get a degree in something as specific as brand management as you might end up changing your mind about what you want to do, and a lot of employers don't care what your degree is in as long as you've done well. You certainly don't need to have studied anything specific before going to university.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by kateph)
    Hi!

Brand Managers are responsible for the marketing strategy and implementation for a single brand or product. For example, a global multi-national like Procter & Gamble owns a large number of brands (from Head & Shoulders shampoo to Gillette shaving to Ariel laundry) - each will have brand managers (and assistants). It's a good job...

These might help:
    http://www.thejobcrowd.com/employer/...octer-gamble-1
    http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...-brand-manager

P&G UK: http://uki.experiencepg.com

(Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)
    For example, brand managers for high fashion clothes like Gucci work on making sure you know that Gucci is known for being exclusive, high priced clothes brand and high quality.
    You might be interested to know P&G's Beauty division handles the brand management for Gucci fragrances (and Hugo Boss and many others)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.