thischarmingbea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have to pick my AS subjects in a few weeks, and I've been certain for years that I want to do English lit, History, French and Politics. But whenever I tell someone, they're shocked by the fact that I want to do 4 essay subjects. The thing is, I actually enjoy writing essays, and I'm not a fan of maths and sciences.
Am I mad?
FireDwarf2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thischarmingbea)
I have to pick my AS subjects in a few weeks, and I've been certain for years that I want to do English lit, History, French and Politics. But whenever I tell someone, they're shocked by the fact that I want to do 4 essay subjects. The thing is, I actually enjoy writing essays, and I'm not a fan of maths and sciences.
Am I mad?
Not really. If you enjoy writing essay's then go for it. In fact, taking many essay subjects together is actually better, because your essay writing skills (eg: writing faster, better spelling and structure of you essay's) will improve as you will be doing more practice.
High Stakes
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If it's what you love go for it. To be honest, I'm more of a science student - I prefer concise and straight to the point answers with enough detail to explain the situation. I however do one essay subject, that being Economics. I managed to get an A in it but I'll tell you what, I nearly sprained my wrist since I was writing so aggressively in the last few minutes of my exam to nail my conclusion in one of the essays (25 mark essay). I'm serious - My wrist turned blue and I had to pop it back into place (kind of) to keep going (I was pretty determined - Although my behaviour probably gave off the impression that I was on crack or something).

I think if you're used to writing essays you'll have more 'stamina' when it comes to writing a lot but for me, my hand starts to ache after a bit.

Also if like you I had multiple essay subjects and by luck I managed to get 2 exams on the same day in May/June, my hand would be left in a wheelchair.\

But yeah ^ That's me. You said you like essay subjects. You'll do fine if you can go for long periods of times writing.
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Am I mad?
Nah, it's not, if you like it and will help you in uni then do it. I know loads of people who are doing loads of science subject or Maths subjects and... well, tbh, they're called mad but they're happy with it so I don't think they are mad, just really passionate.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
calcumm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Am I mad?
I couldn't even handle 1. I prefer to calculate then to write essays, ugh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (333)
55.59%
I don't have everything I need (266)
44.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed