The Student Room Group

GCSE English Remark

I am 1 raw mark off a C for English Language and it's getting remarked so that i can do the 3 AS subjects i chose at my sixth form.

I want to know some honest and reassuring opinions on whether or not this will go up.
Original post by Ali-321
I am 1 raw mark off a C for English Language and it's getting remarked so that i can do the 3 AS subjects i chose at my sixth form.

I want to know some honest and reassuring opinions on whether or not this will go up.

Remark it
Reply 2
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Remark it

it's getting remarked as i said...
Original post by Ali-321
it's getting remarked as i said...

Good luck! It has a decent chance
Reply 4
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Good luck! It has a decent chance

Thank you, it means a lot to me! <3
Original post by Ali-321

As it's an englishy essay subject, it's more likely to change than say a subject like maths/science which has a fixed mark scheme because what one examiner thinks is x grade, another might think higher/lower because it's subjective. :smile:

Good Luck!
Reply 6
I am 4 UMS off AQA English. Mine Is getting remarked, do I have a decent chance?
Original post by Ali-321

It's definitely worth it, particularly in a subject like English where marking can sometimes be subjective. My friend went up 7 marks in her English Lit GCSE and I have a friend this year who gained 11 marks in their AS from a remark.
Original post by jmahone
I am 4 UMS off AQA English. Mine Is getting remarked, do I have a decent chance?

Yes of course you do :smile:

Providing that you know that you worked really hard for the exam, it'll pay off. More often that not, the grade will increase - AQA are generally nice when it comes to literature based subjects

Best of luck! Let me how it all goes on :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Lovinlife2
Yes of course you do :smile:

Providing that you know that you worked really hard for the exam, it'll pay off. More often that not, the grade will increase - AQA are generally nice when it comes to literature based subjects

Best of luck! Let me how it all goes on :smile:

Brilliant! I'll let you know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest