Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1. The Rep Vision (i.e. the superpower to see who repped you) was privilege of the subscribed class. One day, the CEO decided to make it available to everyone

2. There is another feature that used to be fee paying but now is free too

3. And now, the Get Revision resources are also free?

Is there a point being a fee-paying user anymore? Why is everything suddenly becoming free...?

ReputationRep:
    The Backroom. But that's crap now. Not that it was ever good to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    How much do you all pay?

ReputationRep:
    There wasn't too much of a point to begin with.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    1. The Rep Vision (i.e. the superpower to see who repped you) was privilege of the subscribed class. One day, the CEO decided to make it available to everyone2. There is another feature that used to be fee paying but now is free too3. And now, the Get Revision resources are also free?Is there a point being a fee-paying user anymore? Why is everything suddenly becoming free...?
    TSR decided to make the subscriptions free to help and support students over the exam period. Subscriptions don't exist anymore, as there's nothing to subscribe too, and subscribers would have been given refunds I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a point being a fee-paying user anymore? Why is everything suddenly becoming free...?
    My guess would be that they decided the increase in page impressions and advertisement revenue would more than offset the loss in subscriber income.

TSR is a business, they will have paid someone to analyse the numbers and predicted which would have been more profitable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Also you cannot become a sub anymore. It's only a matter of time before subs is done away with altogether.

I'm excited that TSRG can offer all of the learning materials to students for free as it means everyone can get help, whatever their background.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Also you cannot become a sub anymore. It's only a matter of time before subs is done away with altogether.

I'm excited that TSRG can offer all of the learning materials to students for free as it means everyone can get help, whatever their background.
    In which case, what will happen with the Back Room (or whatever it is called) forum, that only subs can see? Especially since the subscription thing is getting rid of?

ReputationRep:
    1. The Rep Vision (i.e. the superpower to see who repped you) was privilege of the subscribed class. One day, the CEO decided to make it available to everyone

2. There is another feature that used to be fee paying but now is free too

3. And now, the Get Revision resources are also free?

Subscriptions no longer exist, however there's only one thing that ex-subscribers still have the power to do without paying and which normal members can't do: change the colour of their username :laugh:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by spotify95)
    In which case, what will happen with the Back Room (or whatever it is called) forum, that only subs can see? Especially since the subscription thing is getting rid of?
    I'm not sure what the company has planned for it, I know what I'd like to see done with it though. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what the company has planned for it, I know what I'd like to see done with it though. :lol:
    Either merged with Chat (if appropriate) or binned?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Subscriptions no longer exist, however there's only one thing that ex-subscribers still have the power to do without paying and which normal members can't do: change the colour of their username :laugh:
    Us regular folk can see who we've repped, too. :innocent:

..sneaky edit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Us regular folk can see who we've repped, too. :innocent:

..sneaky edit.
    Yeah, must have been relatively recent, because I remember when all these first was open to everyone that initially they couldn't see who they had repped. Looks like all we're left with is the colourful username

ReputationRep:
    Mate you'd follow the CT off a cliff if they told you to.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Only if it's put in this bin:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Mate you'd follow the CT off a cliff if they told you to.
    As I'm sure you'll know, what you see in public does not represent what happens in private.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Only if it's put in this bin:
    Well it depends if the CT give you permission to obliterate the threads, or whether they just want them in the ordinary bin!

Or alternatively, such threads could be put in the appropriate place on the board (most likely Chat).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    No :indiff:
    In which case, where will such threads go, if there won't be a subscription service any more?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    In which case, where will such threads go, if there won't be a subscription service any more?
    The forum would most likely be on read only or hidden

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.