Turn on thread page Beta

What is your all time favorite book (or book series)? watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine is Harry Potter... I have read a lot of adult books as well as teen but this is the only series Ive read multiple times (hated the films though )
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The cry of the wolf by Melvin Burgess

it is so moving and haunting and affected me for days. It just shows that longer books aren't always better and even fewer words if beautifully crafted can have a huge impression on the reader.

Name:  1270367_101108092533_cry_of_the_wolf_1.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  65.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    my favourite series is Utopia but it was cut after series 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanya.chichi)
    I just Googled it and it came up with a book from the 1500s.. is that the same one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    The cry of the wolf by Melvin Burgess

it is so moving and haunting and affected me for days. It just shows that longer books aren't always better and even fewer words if beautifully crafted can have a huge impression on the reader.

Name:  1270367_101108092533_cry_of_the_wolf_1.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  65.4 KB
    Oo I'll have to try it are they scary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Mine is Harry Potter... I have read a lot of adult books as well as teen but this is the only series Ive read multiple times (hated the films though )
    Hands down, The Series of Unfortunate Events :yep:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Percy Jackson FTW.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    His Dark Materials!

(Original post by tanya.chichi)
    Season 1 was great (and it has a brilliant soundtrack too)!

ReputationRep:
    A Song of Ice and Fire series

nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Hands down, The Series of Unfortunate Events :yep:
    Ohh really, I tried reading the first when I was younger but found it too depressing.. does it get happier?

ReputationRep:
    A Series of Unfortunate Events

ReputationRep:
    Too many.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oo I'll have to try it are they scary?
    No it's not scary really it is just really harrowing and shows u the true evil of human nature. It is about a wolf pack who have remained undiscovered in Britain after wolves supposedly went 'extinct'. Then a hunter hears about them and wants to wipe all of them out bc he want's to be known as the person that killed the last english wolf. It is not a very complicated story nor very long but it is really intense. Honestly give it a go, you can read it easily in an afternoon
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Percy Jackson FTW.
    I don't like Percy Jackson but i wanted to rep u cos u r here and Morgana's stare is just so compelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    No it's not scary really it is just really harrowing and shows u the true evil of human nature. It is about a wolf pack who have remained undiscovered in Britain after wolves supposedly went 'extinct'. Then a hunter hears about them and wants to wipe all of them out bc he want's to be known as the person that killed the last english wolf. It is not a very complicated story nor very long but it is really intense. Honestly give it a go, you can read it easily in an afternoon
    Sounds like my kind of books .what is the writing style? Complicated or more teeny?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sounds like my kind of books .what is the writing style? Complicated or more teeny?
    No, it's not really intended for teenagers i don't think, the writing style is very mature (not complicated tho) and i think it is more meant as an 'adult short story' type thing

ReputationRep:
    I just Googled it and it came up with a book from the 1500s.. is that the same one?
    It is a TV series that started in 2012/13 (I forget) and is really interesting to watch if you're into sci-fi and comic books

EDIT: It's based on a comic book

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter as well, for sure. It helped me through some tough times and was basically my whole world when I had nothing else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllainKahlo)
    A Series of Unfortunate Events
    As much as I love Harry Potter this series has a certain finesse and quirkiness that other series don't have.

ReputationRep:
    Dune.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.