Turn on thread page Beta

Money for Freshers week? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone worried they won't have enough money for Freshers week? I have some but I still need to spend some money.lol

If you have done freshers week before, how much did you spend?

Thank you!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by chloetheunicorn)
    Is anyone worried they won't have enough money for Freshers week? I have some but I still need to spend some money.lol

Thank you!
    I think it varies massively on how much you drink and if you've already bought everything you need for your flat.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Thank you!
    Hi Chloe,

Yeah exactly as above - it will depend on how much you drink, whether you bought the universities freshers packages they tend to do.

I wasn't a huge drinker but still went out and only spent around £10 a night, which included taxi! (sometimes less, depending on how long the night lasted and whether there was someone who was overly generous with their loan...).

You can spend as little or as much as you like - If you're worried about money, it might be worth collecting pre drinks to store in your room as most freshers won't leave til gone past 11pm - usually by then, they're happily past the point of return and won't need any more drinks!

Hope this helps, obviously all university freshers are different - and will depend on your flat mates too .

- Kath .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Thank you!
    In Freshers week I probably spent around... £250-£300.
    This was largely on takeaways and drink, but some of it was for general shopping and some clothes etc.

ReputationRep:
    I spent £0

Then again I sat in my room for a week (or a year).
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Im worried about money too. However, I know I'll be popping to tecos getting their value alcohol and mixing it with cheap wine. I'll be gone by 10 but I'd sober up enough to enjoy my night and not need another drink before the taxi arrives.

Having said that, I only have bout £130 and I'm going out this Friday and I have yet to even buy food and alcohol during Freshers. Really need my student finance to come in!

ReputationRep:
    For alcohol, as I'm not a big drinker anyway, I'll probably buy some Disaronno and something to mix it with. Drinking when out is a lot more expensive!
    Most people will probably be in the same boat - it's all a part of life as a student lol!

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to buy the cheapest bottle of vodka i can find and pre-drink

my birthday is september 25th, so i've asked for my birthday money {instead of presents from family} a week early so i can use it for freshers

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.