Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 years old, doing my second year of A levels with psychology, English language and biology. I got BBD last year and I am going for AAB this year with one resit in biology if necessary. Everyone is currently applying for universities and I want to apply for a medical foundation course at Nottingham university which requires special circumstances (which I have) and BCC with chemistry. I haven't taken chemistry at AS or A2. I was also looking at biochemistry with the same issue, is there any advice anyone can give me on what my options are and what I should do? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well it sounds like you're going to need chemistry. Think about whether you're the kind of person who can (extremely-)fast-track it, or whether you need to take another year where you can earn some money and also do A level chem, perhaps at a night school. This isn't as scary an option as it sounds. In fact, taking a year between sections of your education is pretty much always a good way to gain experience. You can even go around networking in and learning about your chosen field throughout the year. If this is what you really want. Hope it goes well!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.