Will I get my student finance on the date stated (Needing advice)

Watch
mollelizabeth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so kinda unsure if I've posted this under the right thing

I start a HND in Creative Media on the 24th of this month. I chose a HND due to family issues and wanting to stay at home, I intend to go to University to complete my degree after 2 years.

Anyway, I was told to apply for student finance which I did back in May. Ever since around August I've had 'approved' stamped next to my payments. My first maintenance loan date is meant to be on the 14th of this month, so a week today.

I saw that no money would be paid to me until I enrolled with the college. I enrolled on the 1st of September and took my finance details with me. The man who enrolled me said he didn't want to see my finance details (For whatever reason?) and I've had no updates from student finance to tell me that they know I've enrolled. I'm very concerned as I need the money to buy supplies that I simply don't have the money for. I've been browsing this forum and apparently it should've been paid to me two or three days after I enrolled, but obviously it wasn't. Should I wait until the 14th to contact someone?

Thanks for any replies in advance, sorry if I sound dumb, I'm new to this.
Sterling21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mollelizabeth)
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so kinda unsure if I've posted this under the right thing

I start a HND in Creative Media on the 24th of this month. I chose a HND due to family issues and wanting to stay at home, I intend to go to University to complete my degree after 2 years.

Anyway, I was told to apply for student finance which I did back in May. Ever since around August I've had 'approved' stamped next to my payments. My first maintenance loan date is meant to be on the 14th of this month, so a week today.

I saw that no money would be paid to me until I enrolled with the college. I enrolled on the 1st of September and took my finance details with me. The man who enrolled me said he didn't want to see my finance details (For whatever reason?) and I've had no updates from student finance to tell me that they know I've enrolled. I'm very concerned as I need the money to buy supplies that I simply don't have the money for. I've been browsing this forum and apparently it should've been paid to me two or three days after I enrolled, but obviously it wasn't. Should I wait until the 14th to contact someone?

Try contacting student finance and ask them, only they can tell you the date you should definitely get the money. At least then you won't be worrying and will know for certain
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mollelizabeth)

It doesn't mean you get paid after you have enrolled, it is basically if you enrol before the payment date then you can expect it to be on the day of the payment date they've given you.
If you check your online account on the 10th/11th it should then have the status as submitted if you are going to get paid on time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.34%
Excited but a bit nervous (124)
45.42%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.82%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed