The Student Room Group

Would Muslim nations take in Western English refugees if roles were reversed?

Scroll to see replies

They won't even take in people of the same religion and a similar culture a few hundred miles away while they're importing 99% of their labour market.

Little hope for the rest of us.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Wasn't*

They were Muslim extremists*

Happy?

Not yet. :h:

Well you see, the Muslims I were referring to were not terrorists.

You need to look at my Original Post again.
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Not yet. :h:

Well you see, the Muslims I were referring to were not terrorists.

You need to look at my Original Post again.

:tongue:

What Innocent Muslims are you talking about that have been killed by UK, US and Israeli people?
:tongue:

What Innocent Muslims are you talking about that have been killed by UK, US and Israeli people?

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2011/08/11/more-than-160-children-killed-in-us-strikes/

These people know they're in a warzone, they know the risks.

Secondly yes it is terrible these people have been killed but the lives saved by carrying out these strikes would have been much greater than innocent life lost
These people know they're in a warzone, they know the risks.

Secondly yes it is terrible these people have been killed but the lives saved by carrying out these strikes would have been much greater than innocent life lost

What rubbish. When did the united states declare war on pakistan?

Also, there's no way of knowing what you say to be true. Have some compassion. You asked what innocent people have died at the hands of the US and I gave you proof of over 160 children.

Would you have said the same thing about brits killed during the blitz?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pikachu94
honestly i don't think any country is truly islamic
and tbh even if rules are set the corruption overwrites it
people still break them
like many of those royalists gamble and drink despite calling themselves muslim

saudis islamic scholars do not drink or gamble, they are the actual lawmakers there
Does the golden rule say "Do unto others as they do unto you"? I think not.
Only if they needed slave labour or sex slaves
This thread is disgusting.
Original post by Catholic_
What do you think?

To be honest, I've never seen minorities do much for any other group then their own. Whether it's complaining about issues or encouraging developments to improve others.

Their culture is very much different to Western culture on values, tolerance and acceptance. They have more of a tribal focus and view and even often defend someone of their culture if they're wrong, just because they're the same colour. I don't find them generous, giving cultures at all. In all honesty all they do is make demands in my eyes and literally have no interest in giving anything back.

Would all the UK Muslims as well be urging their beloved Pakistan, Bangaldesh etc, to take in migrants do you think?

So tell me, Catholic: did Jesus say, "Love thy neighbour unless they seem demanding and ungrateful"?
no we dont want people who start illegal wars and unnecessarily kill innocent people. we also don't like people who drink alcohol and fornicate and eat pork.
Obv not.

They would want us to convert to Islam.
Original post by Aiza18
I'm Qatari and I know my country would never ever do what Germany does and other countries.
We will never have refugee we just don't do that and never will.

Thankyou.

Why not?
Xenophobia
Different culture and religion?
Original post by MrKmas508
No, but that's what makes us better than them.

Original post by Evening
Would never happen if it was the other way around.

Some would, some wouldn't. There are examples of Muslim nations accepting European refugees so to say that they wouldn't is ignorant of history. The Ottoman Empire accepted 250,000 European Jews that were fleeing persecution and expulsion from Spain and Portugal. Sultan Bayezid II of the Ottoman Empire, learning about the expulsion of Jews from Spain, dispatched the Ottoman Navy to bring the Jews safely to Ottoman land.

Source
Original post by !!mentor!!
You do realise that hundreds of thousands of Muslims from Asia came to our aid and fought for us in both World Wars. They didn't say, "Not my problem that those Christians can't be civilized".

I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about this, but weren't these Asians from colonised states? Rather than individuals fighting of their own accord?
No.

But then we are better then them and have greater empathy with humanity (something they are using against us)

/thread
Original post by B-Man.
The Ottoman Empire accepted 250,000 European Jews

Source

Europe as a 'geopolitical entity' didn't exist at this point in history so to call them European Jews is wrong (and it blames the whole of Europe for this rather then the actual countries involved)
(edited 8 years ago)
No because they wouldn't want western, christian / secular values to take over their country, taking them into the 21st century. Oh **** there I go again turning off my PC filter and telling the truth.
For goodness sake does it even matter!? Labels are nothing. We're all people and we all deserve compassion.

Quick Reply

Latest