Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I want to study physics at university, but I'm not sure what the best unis for it are. I've looked at a few, like KCL and Warwick, but I'm not sure where else to start. I really wanted to apply to Oxford for a while, but I got AAABB at AS, with one of those Bs in physics, so I don't think I'll get support from my school to apply there anymore.

However, I am determined to get those Bs up to As with resits, and I feel that with extenuating circumstances for my physics grade (multiple physics teachers leaving during the year, bad teaching at some points, and no teachers for some periods meant we were forced to teach ourselves a large part of the course), I still have a good chance at getting into a good university (apart from Oxbridge and Imperial now).

Thank you!

Extra: 8A*s and 4As at GCSE, work experience in the department of physics at Cambridge Uni

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need support from your school? You can apply wherever you want.

Durham is really good.

ReputationRep:
    Bad teachers/leaving teachers aren't extenuating circumstances, you should have taken responsibility for your own learning.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.