Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I just started year 13 and need to do the UKCAT in three weeks, October the 5th
    I haven't done any prep yet, and have just over 3 weeks
    I'm hoping for a score over 600
    I find the quantitative reasoning section extremely difficult any advice for this?
    And do any of you have any resources that would be useful
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Medify
    600Q Book
    Kaplan
    UKCAT Website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty123A)
    Medify
    600Q Book
    Kaplan
    UKCAT Website
    Kaplan is extremely expensive so that's out of reach
    Do you recommend any websites etc to brush up on maths before I can answer the questions?
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiritless98)
    Do you recommend any websites etc to brush up on maths before I can answer the questions?
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The maths is honestly quite basic it's just tight timings, and needing to see what information is relevant. Brush up on percentage changes and reading graphs

ReputationRep:
    I havent used Kaplan so I cant say whether the money is worth it but yes, it is overly expensive.

And not really too sure. However i used HegartyMaths for my gcses and it was quite useful, if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    The maths is honestly quite basic it's just tight timings, and needing to see what information is relevant. Brush up on percentage changes and reading graphs
    Thank you
    I'm looking through the 600Q book and the maths is really giving me a headache aha
    Have you sat the UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try bbc gcse bitesize

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    I'm looking through the 600Q book and the maths is really giving me a headache aha
    Have you sat the UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it last year and scored 695 did best on verbal and quantitative, and badly in decision analysis.
    The 600q book is on the meaner side with its questions, and I would say Medify is a better representation of what to expect. Also, on the more difficult questions with lots of data, you can guess and flag them. This means that you can come back to them at the end if you have time

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.