Turn on thread page Beta

You are now leader of the Tories/ Labour- pick your czbinet watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You have now been elected leader of the Conservative/ Labour Party. You may now pick your cabinet (MPs in the party only ie Caroline Lucas can't be in a labour one) and in addition may 'purge' up to five party members in the House of Lords/ commons/ EU parliament. You however have no time to get to know any members so must pick straight away. Begin

If a position isn't mentioned: the current incumbent is kept

Mine:

DPM George Osborne
    Chancellor: Sajid Javid
    Home Secretary: Anna Soubry
    Education sec: Neil Carmichael
    Justice Sec: Dominic Grieve
    Health sec: Amber Rudd
    Business sec: Liz Truss
    W&P sec: Damian Green
    Defence Sec: Rory Stewart
    Foreign sec: Alan Duncan
    Leader of HoL: Ken Clarke
    Transport Sec: Nicky Morgan
    Culture sec: George Freeman
    Chief Whip: George eustice

I'd only sack IDS initially and wait for the more socially Tory members to die off or leave themselves. Oh and I'd demote Dan Hannan or get him out of being an MEP. I like the man but he's be better off in UKIP, especially in my government!

All in all a slightly more centrist, liberal Conservative party that will be more libertarian in outlook and waste far less time banging on about the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    You have now been elected leader of the Conservative/ Labour Party. You may now pick your cabinet (MPs in the party only ie Caroline Lucas can't be in a labour one) and in addition may 'purge' up to five party members in the House of Lords/ commons/ EU parliament. You however have no time to get to know any members so must pick straight away. Begin

Mine:

DPM George Osborne
    Chancellor: Sajid Javid
    Home Secretary: Alan Duncan
    Education sec: Anna Soubry
    Justice Sec: Dominic Grieve
    Business sec: Liz Truss
    W&P sec: Damian Green
    Foreign sec: Neil Carmichael
    Leader of HoL: Ken Clarke

I'd only sack IDS initially and wait for the more socially Tory members to die off or leave themselves. Oh and I'd demote Dan Hannan or get him out of being an MEP. I like the man but he's be better off in UKIP, especially in my government!

All in all a slightly more centrist, liberal Conservative party that will be more libertarian in outlook and waste far less time banging on about the EU.
    Seems about right though Soubry wouldn't be good enough a choice for the education brief. Education gets huge press and parents and teachers will make it very clear when they don't like something - with Soubry's rather prickly, pugilistic demeanour, I think she'd attract too much negative attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibzombie96)
    Seems about right though Soubry wouldn't be good enough a choice for the education brief. Education gets huge press and parents and teachers will make it very clear when they don't like something - with Soubry's rather prickly, pugilistic demeanour, I think she'd attract too much negative attention.
    Think you may be right: I've made some adjustments in the OP.

You're a labour man aren't you? Kendall all the way I presume?

ReputationRep:
    Think you may be right: I've made some adjustments in the OP.

You're a labour man aren't you? Kendall all the way I presume?
    Oh God no. Firmly on the left of the Tory party; essentially in line with Osborne and Cameron. I know I have probably sounded like a Labourite over the past few weeks with my anti-Corbyn posts, but I put it down to my classically liberal love of competition and the idea that the Tories need some political competition

-EDIT-
    Oh nice - Soubry for Home is perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn clones for every position.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God no. Firmly on the left of the Tory party; essentially in line with Osborne and Cameron.

-EDIT-
    Oh nice - Soubry for Home is perfect.
    Ah good man, we have much in common!

UKIP delenda est

ReputationRep:
    UKIP delenda est
    Haha agreed

ReputationRep:
    Haha agreed
    Get a room......

ReputationRep:
    I really like this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Get a room......
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vis break)
    I really like this one
    fabulous cabinet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

DPM George Osborne
    Chancellor: George Osborne
    Home Secretary: Theresa May
    Justice Sec: Ken Clarke
    Business sec: Lord David Willets
    W&P sec: Sajid David
    Foreign sec: Michael Gove
    Leader of HoL: Lord William Hague

I would sack IDS, Hammond and Warsi.

I would return Clarke to his justice post along with Willets and promote Gove and Hague.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    DPM George Osborne
    Chancellor: George Osborne
    Home Secretary: Theresa May
    Justice Sec: Ken Clarke
    Business sec: Lord David Willets
    W&P sec: Sajid David
    Foreign sec: Michael Gove
    Leader of HoL: Lord William Hague

I would sack IDS, Hammond and Warsi.

I would return Clarke to his justice post along with Willets and promote Gove and Hague.
    Hey pretty similar!

Why sack Hanmond? He's not great but he's not that bad and he isn't as toxic as IDS.

Whilst in rather fond of Gove I think he'd be far better as communities minister doing Pickles old job- his comments on the death penalty would be difficult to explain to countries where we want to remove the death penalty and I think he's too euroscrptic to be FS though I approve of somebody from the HJS as FS.

ReputationRep:
    Mine:

DPM: Corbyn
    Chancellor: Corbyn
    Home Secretary: Corbyn
    Education sec: Corbyn
    Justice Sec: Corbyn
    Health sec: Corbyn
    Business sec: Corbyn
    W&P sec: Corbyn
    Defence Sec: Corbyn
    Foreign sec: Corbyn
    Leader of HoL: Corbyn
    Transport Sec: Corbyn
    Culture sec: Corbyn
    Chief Whip: Corbyn

ReputationRep:
    Hey pretty similar!

Why sack Hanmond? He's not great but he's not that bad and he isn't as toxic as IDS.

Whilst in rather fond of Gove I think he'd be far better as communities minister doing Pickles old job- his comments on the death penalty would be difficult to explain to countries where we want to remove the death penalty and I think he's too euroscrptic to be FS though I approve of somebody from the HJS as FS.
    Hammond compared gay marriage to incest and i just don't like him all that much.

Those comments were 20 years and at any rate, we can't really get them to change their law. I don't much care whether MP's are Euro-skeptic or not since i wouldn't hold a referendum.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.