The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr JB
I PROVIDE NO SOURCES

Fixed.
Referring to muslims as rats is insulting to the rats.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The ones that try to cover their inherent racism through attacks on what they consider political Islam, but it's merely an excuse to bash some people who are not white.

This is just projection and assumption from someone who see's the world in a simplistic black and white way. Your worldview probably doesn't extend past that which The Guardian has carved out. I really couldn't give a damn what colour you are. I dislike fundamentalist deep south Christians (most of whom are white) just as much as I dislike Islamists.
Reply 363
Original post by billydisco
This is the religion currently responsible for committing terrorism within 70 countries across 5 different continents, what did they expect?

dude, really? Why you gotta hate? It isn't muslims doing this, its extremists
Original post by Gears265
Islamophobia does not exist

I think people do fear Islam and/or Muslims so yes, Islamaphobia does exist. Whether the fear is grounded in anything rational is irrelevant to the fact that such phobias do exist, and most of the time, prone to exaggeration.

And you can not be 'racist' when criticising Islam, it is not a race

Whether you take the direct route of racism (i.e: you monkey) or the scenic route (i.e: you're a monkey because you follow Islam) makes no difference to whether or not you are considered a racist.

Those who try and quibble over the fact that Islam is not a race do so in a deliberate attempt to mitigate, mask and explain away their own inherent racism.
Original post by myabzz

Muslim extremists. Majority of the world knows these people are Muslims, don't try to rub your responsibility for controlling them off your shoulders by saying "they are not really Muslims". All Islamic terrorists have been raised in a Muslim household, read the Quran, gone to mosque and practiced Islam so do not say they are not Muslim the second they do something bad, you cant just chuck them out your camp when **** goes down.
Original post by myabzz

70 countries, across 5 continents and you don't think its connected to the religion?

How many countries are being attacked in the name of Sikhism?
How many countries are being attacked in the name of Hinduism?
How many countries are being attacked in the name of Buddhism?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheArtofProtest
I think people do fear Islam and/or Muslims so yes, Islamaphobia does exist. Whether the fear is grounded in anything rational is irrelevant to the fact that such phobias do exist, and most of the time, prone to exaggeration.

Whether you take the direct route of racism (i.e: you monkey) or the scenic route (i.e: you're a monkey because you follow Islam) makes no difference to whether or not you are considered a racist.

Those who try and quibble over the fact that Islam is not a race do so in a deliberate attempt to mitigate, mask and explain away their own inherent racism.

So its racist to criticise Catholics for not promoting contraception? Thats "racism"? :rolleyes:
Original post by myabzz

Exactly guys. So stop attacking Muslims, especially extremists.
Reply 369
70 countries, across 5 continents and you don't think its connected to the religion?

How many countries are being attacked in the name of Sikhism?
How many countries are being attacked in the name of Hinduism?
How many countries are being attacked in the name of Buddhism?

how many countries are attacked by christians? Many
ever heard of palestine? the gaza strip? west bank?
all attacked by jews
ever heard or burma?
btw you say 70 countries. which ones?
Original post by myabzz
how many countries are attacked by christians? Many
ever heard of palestine? the gaza strip? west bank?
all attacked by jews
ever heard or burma?
btw you say 70 countries. which ones?

I said violence committed IN THE NAME OF the religion..... so the answer to your question is none.

Oh and by the way, all your examples involve Muslims in the conflict:

Gaza, Muslims
Burma, Muslims
Christians- presume you're referring to Sudan?

A logical person might suggest the religion struggles to integrate with other cultures?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 371
I said violence committed IN THE NAME OF the religion..... so the answer to your question is none.

Oh and by the way, all your examples involve Muslims in the conflict:

Gaza, Muslims
Burma, Muslims
Christians- presume you're referring to Sudan?

A logical person might suggest the religion struggles to integrate with other cultures?

yes, but it is the Muslims who are being oppressed, and why? What have they done wrong?

I agree that what the extremists are doing is wrong, claiming it is to do with religion, but it is not. They say that they are right, but all they are doing is brutally murdering innocent people, but that is not what Islam is about. If they say that it is, then they are not Muslims.
Original post by myabzz
yes, but it is the Muslims who are being oppressed, and why? What have they done wrong?

I agree that what the extremists are doing is wrong, claiming it is to do with religion, but it is not. They say that they are right, but all they are doing is brutally murdering innocent people, but that is not what Islam is about. If they say that it is, then they are not Muslims.

They are Muslims, they were brought up Muslims, in a Muslim household, reading the Quran and going to Mosque so don't pretend they are not Muslim to hide the fact that is what turned them to extremism. You were suppose to keep them in check but failed, take responsibility for your actions.

You can not just have them in your group one minute and chuck them out the next.

P.S Islamophobia does not exist
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by myabzz

If you went to meet with ISIS, Al Shabab or Boko Haram or one of the other countless Muslim terrorist organisations and told them they're not Muslims, I doubt that would end well for you. Especially when they could probably reel off more about Islamic dogma than you can.
Original post by myabzz

Just exactly how are muslims being oppressed? and where?
Reply 375
Original post by BaconandSauce
Just exactly how are muslims being oppressed? and where?

i give up, believe what you want
Reply 376
Original post by KimKallstrom
If you went to meet with ISIS, Al Shabab or Boko Haram or one of the other countless Muslim terrorist organisations and told them they're not Muslims, I doubt that would end well for you. Especially when they could probably reel off more about Islamic dogma than you can.

they probably could
Original post by myabzz
i give up, believe what you want

You haven't even tried.
Reply 378
Original post by Gears265
They are Muslims, they were brought up Muslims, in a Muslim household, reading the Quran and going to Mosque so don't pretend they are not Muslim to hide the fact that is what turned them to extremism. You were suppose to keep them in check but failed, take responsibility for your actions.

You can not just have them in your group one minute and chuck them out the next.

P.S Islamophobia does not exist

OK fine, If they want to think they are, let them.
however, in no place in Islam does it say that what they are doing is right.
Reply 379
Original post by BaconandSauce
You haven't even tried.

true. ok, they are being oppressed in burma, west bank, gaza

Latest

Trending

Trending