x Turn on thread page Beta

hooberstank watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious stuff)
    yes, HIM are ****

Lost Prophets are average

and welsh which kind of ruins them
    If only they could accept the fact that they're Welsh. They seem to want to sound so American.
    In the same kind of musical genre, Hell Is For Heroes are way much better and they don't try to sound like yanks.

ReputationRep:
    it's sad really

Uk invented Punk, and the old stuff wont be beaten

but these days the UK 'punk' bands are terrible, the americans are much better at it with bands like The Offspring and NOFX
    The offspring have been around a while, i like some of their stuff, some it just too weird/depressing.

Add to the bands that must die list Rob Zombie please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I think it's quite obvious that Busted and McFly must die: copying American bands that are trying to play Punk... now that's patheric considering that the punk movement became important first in the UK
    I agree, but my friend came up with a good point the other day. Isnt it better that 'the kids' are listening to guitar-pop music like McFly and Busted which are influenced by greats such as The Beatles and Beach Boys than Christina Aguilarea (sp) or Britney Spears?

I am in no way implying that Busted or McFly should even be mentioned in the same breath as The Beatles or McFly.

ReputationRep:
    it's sad really

Uk invented Punk, and the old stuff wont be beaten

but these days the UK 'punk' bands are terrible, the americans are much better at it with bands like The Offspring and NOFX
    Well Hundred Reasons and Lost Prophets are honest attempts at Punk and they sound way more Punk than any of the mainstream US bands

ReputationRep:
    Well Hundred Reasons and Lost Prophets are honest attempts at Punk and they sound way more Punk than any of the mainstream US bands
    no Lost prophets follow the trend

they started more Metal when that was big

then changed to Nu - metal when that was popular

now they try to fit in with the popular EMO phase, they just copy what is popular and sing with american accents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I agree, but my friend came up with a good point the other day. Isnt it better that 'the kids' are listening to guitar-pop music like McFly and Busted which are influenced by greats such as The Beatles and Beach Boys than Christina Aguilarea (sp) or Britney Spears?

I am in no way implying that Busted or McFly should even be mentioned in the same breath as The Beatles or McFly.
    Nothing wrong with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera (although I'd never buy an album and I often cringe when I hear them) but they're just the modern versions of Madonna and Kylie Minogue and my first album bought was Kylie :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hundred Reasons are cool though

ReputationRep:
    Oh God I listen to half the music that's under discussion here...

ReputationRep:
    No, they're not. Lostprophets are just utter, utter **** and Hundred Reasons are more of an emo band.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    No, they're not. Lostprophets are just utter, utter **** and Hundred Reasons are more of an emo band.
    Talking about Emo, who likes Jimmy Eat World? Their album Clarity was awesome. Hundred Reasons are more emo, I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Oh God I listen to half the music that's under discussion here...
    i know the feeling, i like blink 182 and sum 41.

ReputationRep:
    Talking about Emo, who likes Jimmy Eat World? Their album Clarity was awesome. Hundred Reasons are more emo, I agree.
    yup

Hundred Reasons are EMO

JEW are quite cool, a bit poofy though

ReputationRep:
    I've got one of Jimmy Eat World's albums... It's the one with the jukebox on the front, with The Middle and Sweetness on it... When I first got it I didnt like it, now I do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i know the feeling, i like blink 182 and sum 41.
    same here

it's killing me that they are hated

ReputationRep:
    Hundred Reasons are cool though
    is this band welsh?
    i heard a good song on the Rock Show on radio 1 earlier, but i cant remember if it was them

ReputationRep:
    yup

Hundred Reasons are EMO

JEW are quite cool, a bit poofy though
    hey if you' don't sound gay, you're not emo (at least that's what I think). Rival Schools are a decent emo/punk band too.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, someone is praising someone I listen to rather than saying they should die! I like their Static Prevails album, particularly "Rockstar".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    ooh ooh ooh add the Rasmus. They're sh*te
    Come on! I can't be the only one here who detests them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    I've got one of Jimmy Eat World's albums... It's the one with the jukebox on the front, with The Middle and Sweetness on it... When I first got it I didnt like it, now I do :rolleyes:
    Lastest album. Clarity is more Emo though. Try Lucky Denver Mint that's their main single on that album.

ReputationRep:
    hey if you' don't sound gay, you're not emo (at least that's what I think). Rival Schools are a decent emo/punk band too.

i'm liking EMO music at the moment

Taking Back Sunday and Matchbook Romance are my bands of the moment

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.