Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

hooberstank watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Tammy :eek: :eek:

How can you love Linkin' Park? They sound like prebuscent kids whining because their mummy didn't let them go out or something.

I'll forgive you for the other bands. You are in high school after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)

How can you love Linkin' Park? They sound like prebuscent kids whining because their mummy didn't let them go out or something.

linkin park are a good band as a progression towards heavier stuff. They actually got me into rock and I got heavier from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    please also add brand new, i can't STAND them and their stupid whiny emo crap.
    :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    linkin park are a good band as a progression towards heavier stuff. They actually got me into rock and I got heavier from there.
    It's not a question of being heavy or not. Quality music is quality music. It's just crap: it's all in the image, nothing in the music. And the image would never be able to affect me, it's made for frustrated 14 year olds who want to seem hard.
    And how can you even listen to those guys singing? One sounds like a 12 year old crying and the other one sounds like a kid who's a bit slow (like a 25 year old still in high school).

ReputationRep:
    Even if Linkin' Park were musically phenomenal (which they are not), I simply couldn't enjoy their music for the terrible lyrics slopped over the top of it. It sounds like cliched immature, teenage poetry written by, and for, middle-class 'rebels' who feel no-one understands them. If these kids spent more time tidying their bedrooms and helping old ladies across the road, instead of whinging at mummy and daddy then the world would be a much better place.

ReputationRep:

lol i love them n i love there song lol! its the only album i actually bought (n nt downloaded) this year!

ReputationRep:
    It's not a question of being heavy or not. Quality music is quality music. It's just crap: it's all in the image, nothing in the music. And the image would never be able to affect me, it's made for frustrated 14 year olds who want to seem hard.
    And how can you even listen to those guys singing? One sounds like a 12 year old crying and the other one sounds like a kid who's a bit slow (like a 25 year old still in high school).
    Quite easily actually, but I still think heavier is better, like mudvayne, children on bodom, cattle decapitation and (well, it is heavy) slipknot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Quite easily actually, but I still think heavier is better, like mudvayne, children on bodom, cattle decapitation and (well, it is heavy) slipknot
    i love slipknot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    i love slipknot
    Oh dear Lord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Oh dear Lord.
    oh come on, slipknot isn't that bad, there new album is quite good actually. At present I am listening to children of bodom, they really rock big time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    i love slipknot
    i dont really like slipknot but their new song and what is it - wait and bleed? they're quite good

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.