Should I take A2 chemistry or sociology??

Watch
Sarah_x_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, Im confused about what subject to take for A2. For AS level I took biology, chemistry, geography and sociology. I got a A in biol, a B in geography, a B in sociology and a C in chemistry. I definitely want to take biology and geography , but Im not sure if I should drop chemistry or sociology?I want to do biology at university and most universities say they prefer you to have an A level in chemistry aswell, but I think I may go down to a D in chemistry but im pretty sure I could get a B or even an A in sociology at the end of A2 but sociology doesnt look so good. SO is it better to have a bad/okay grade in chem or a good grade in soc for uni?? Thank you!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
smiley180
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sarah_x_)
Hi, Im confused about what subject to take for A2. For AS level I took biology, chemistry, geography and sociology. I got a A in biol, a B in geography, a B in sociology and a C in chemistry. I definitely want to take biology and geography , but Im not sure if I should drop chemistry or sociology?I want to do biology at university and most universities say they prefer you to have an A level in chemistry aswell, but I think I may go down to a D in chemistry but im pretty sure I could get a B or even an A in sociology at the end of A2 but sociology doesnt look so good. SO is it better to have a bad/okay grade in chem or a good grade in soc for uni?? Thank you!
Probably a worse grade in chemistry because all universities respect it as a tough subject. Your grades in the other subjects are good and if you want to study biology at uni then you'd be put at an advantage having chemistry too. Re-take the chemistry AS papers and work hard to get decent grades in your A2 papers. Even if you end up with a B or C overall, that's a good grade in chemistry
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by smiley180)
Probably a worse grade in chemistry because all universities respect it as a tough subject. Your grades in the other subjects are good and if you want to study biology at uni then you'd be put at an advantage having chemistry too. Re-take the chemistry AS papers and work hard to get decent grades in your A2 papers. Even if you end up with a B or C overall, that's a good grade in chemistry
No if he gets a C or D in it then he won't get in. If he gets a B or an A then he will get it with Sociology because he already has two facilitating subjects
smiley180
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Magnus Taylor)
No if he gets a C or D in it then he won't get in. If he gets a B or an A then he will get it with Sociology because he already has two facilitating subjects
Yes, but I figured that if the op worked very hard it would be quite difficult to achieve less than a C. I achieved a C at AS and am re-taking the papers and hope to get an A at A2 as I know how hard I'm going to work. If the op finds chemistry very difficult even with working hard, then yes, taking sociology would be better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (336)
83.79%
No (65)
16.21%

Watched Threads