A Levels or BTEC

Watch this thread
lukedt1
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey, is there anyone who can help me out a bit? I don't know wether or not to do A Levels (Psychology, Politics, Business Studies and IT) in sixth form or go to college and do BTEC Level 3 Travel & Tourism. I am good and enjoy travel and the subject and think i would do well at it. I am good at course work so BTEC would be a good option and I would like to get into the Aviation/Travel industry for a job. My family is telling me to do the BTEC but then it limits me to just that. Id like to have done Psychology and if i was good at it maybe do it in uni and as a job, but i guess its one or the other!! However, I've heard of people frowning upon BTECs saying they aren't worth the same as A Levels as they are easier. A Levels seem more academic and look better and seem to be more globally recognised/globally heard of. Ive read reports of universities offering places to people with A Levels over BTECs. Im not good at revising and everyone says how much harder it is! If i don't get the three Cs in my school in AS ill have to go to college! But what if i could get it?! theres reports of people getting ABB in A Levels decreasing but people doing BTECs getting ABB increasing!! My GCSEs are 2As, 4Bs, 2Cs and 3Ds! What should i do?!?!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!! I need to make my mind up in like 24hours for definite!!

Thanks in advance for any advice!!
JayPLee
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I'm taking the BTEC Level 3 Travel and Tourism as done by Edexcel, don't worry about the value of the qualification as an employer will value a BTEC the same as an A-level. Unfortunately I failed my last year of A-level exams as I also not the best at revising and this caused a serious effect. Do what you feel comfortable with not what you feel pushed to do. If you want some more info drop me a message and I'll be happy to help the best I can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads