Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is there anyone who can help me out a bit? I don't know wether or not to do A Levels (Psychology, Politics, Business Studies and IT) in sixth form or go to college and do BTEC Level 3 Travel & Tourism. I am good and enjoy travel and the subject and think i would do well at it. I am good at course work so BTEC would be a good option and I would like to get into the Aviation/Travel industry for a job. My family is telling me to do the BTEC but then it limits me to just that. Id like to have done Psychology and if i was good at it maybe do it in uni and as a job, but i guess its one or the other!! However, I've heard of people frowning upon BTECs saying they aren't worth the same as A Levels as they are easier. A Levels seem more academic and look better and seem to be more globally recognised/globally heard of. Ive read reports of universities offering places to people with A Levels over BTECs. Im not good at revising and everyone says how much harder it is! If i don't get the three Cs in my school in AS ill have to go to college! But what if i could get it?! theres reports of people getting ABB in A Levels decreasing but people doing BTECs getting ABB increasing!! My GCSEs are 2As, 4Bs, 2Cs and 3Ds! What should i do?!?!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!! I need to make my mind up in like 24hours for definite!!

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking the BTEC Level 3 Travel and Tourism as done by Edexcel, don't worry about the value of the qualification as an employer will value a BTEC the same as an A-level. Unfortunately I failed my last year of A-level exams as I also not the best at revising and this caused a serious effect. Do what you feel comfortable with not what you feel pushed to do. If you want some more info drop me a message and I'll be happy to help the best I can.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.