Turn on thread page Beta

Strange behaviour from girl I just met at college watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSRians!! I'm a newcomer who normally lurks on the medicine and sciences boards because they're so academically enriching however something strange has happened in the past few days and I would appreciate any advice you can give.
    To provide you with some background information I have had some problems with girls in the past (REJECTION ) to the extent that on my first day of college I was ready to begin my new life as a MGTOW. However, against all probability, in form I was seated next to not only the most beautiful girl I have ever seen (cliché but true) but also one of the few girls I have been able to engage with in a proper conversation. We talked all the time we were with each other throughout the day with her even saying at one point "We should get to know each other better." That was when the change happened: true it has only been a few days but trust me the change seems pretty drastic.
    On Friday she wouldn't talk to me and today in Biology not only did she openly glare at me across the room she even cast admiring glances at the boy sitting next to me. I mean, WTF!!
    Anyway I would fully appreciate if any of you could explain what is happening; maybe I'm overreacting, maybe this is normal behaviour (LOL), anything would be good, especially considering that I have to see her every day of the week and on one day three times!!
    TLDR: read above.

ReputationRep:
    She's being childish and trying to evoke jealousy from you. Maybe it's my no BS personality but I would drop her asap or just ignore her and she'll get the message.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for responding so quickly. I will keep that in mind.

ReputationRep:
    Disregard acquire aesthetics acquire currency

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you ask if you have done something to offend her.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the gym and get with all her friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teslamegafan)
    Hi TSRians!! I'm a newcomer who normally lurks on the medicine and sciences boards because they're so academically enriching however something strange has happened in the past few days and I would appreciate any advice you can give.
    To provide you with some background information I have had some problems with girls in the past (REJECTION ) to the extent that on my first day of college I was ready to begin my new life as a MGTOW. However, against all probability, in form I was seated next to not only the most beautiful girl I have ever seen (cliché but true) but also one of the few girls I have been able to engage with in a proper conversation. We talked all the time we were with each other throughout the day with her even saying at one point "We should get to know each other better." That was when the change happened: true it has only been a few days but trust me the change seems pretty drastic.
    On Friday she wouldn't talk to me and today in Biology not only did she openly glare at me across the room she even cast admiring glances at the boy sitting next to me. I mean, WTF!!
    Anyway I would fully appreciate if any of you could explain what is happening; maybe I'm overreacting, maybe this is normal behaviour (LOL), anything would be good, especially considering that I have to see her every day of the week and on one day three times!!
    TLDR: read above.
    Bishes ain't **** but hoes and tricks. Now go and revenge bang her sister.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask if you've done something to bother her?

People waste too much time with stupid games these days rather than using their mouths for what they were intended for: speech.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    Just ask if you've done something to bother her?

People waste too much time with stupid games these days rather than using their mouths for what they were intended for: speech.
    And felatio

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask if you've done something wrong, that would show insecurity. Be confident and carry on as you do, make her notice you and act casual towards her.

ReputationRep:
    Did you say anything back when she said that? If she thinks you don't want to get to know her better, that could explain her actions now. You've done nothing wrong, she's probably feeling insecure.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you cocre and Stephanie_12 for your responses. When she said what I quoted in the original post I was really surprised and laughed awkwardly because I am not used to receiving attention from girls. I have been unable to talk to her since then because we are now in different Physics classes and doing different Academy work. However when I see her tomorrow in form I will be sure to act confidently and casually to make a good impression.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If this is all a result of a 'be-friendly-and talk-to-the-person-next-to-you-on-the-first-day' attitude I am going to be seriously annoyed. Female behaviour is so difficult to understand and therefore actions can easily be misinterpreted (no offences to females).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.