Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, ive sorted all my finances out and because i am doing nursing i get a NHS bursary and a government loan. However is this all i can get? im worried because totaling it all up it barely covers my accommodation. Are the any other loans that i can get in order to make ends meet? i will have a job but learning to drive will pretty much take that. Thanks

    Student Finance doesn't cover the total cost of accommodation for many people - I'm afraid others are also in this situation. There are no other loans available. If you don't have the maximum amount of funding, your parents are expected to help you financially.

    The majority of students coukdn't afford driving lessons whilst studying, so that might be where you need to economise.

    You can get a student bank account with an overdraft facility, which can be used to fill funding gaps. That's all, though.

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.