The Student Room Group

Studying A-Levels in One Year.

Hello all,

I received my AS results a few weeks ago and did pretty bad, due to lack of work put in. I got CEE in psychology, biology, chemistry. For both chem and bio, i got A's in the ISA. My school will not let me carry on for A2, and to be honest, it's almost a blessing in disguise as the teachers are terrible.

So i have decided to go to the library every weekday, relax, and study myself. I will be looking to sit all AS and A2 papers for Bio and Chem (OCR) and A2 papers for Psychology and maybe retake one of the AS. Overall, that is around 11 papers. I have from now to May to revise myself, get the required books and achieve a minimum of BBB. I want A's but BBB is the minimum. I just want to know if this is reasonable. I really regret how I treated my AS levels, and want to make a change. I am more than willing to put in the hours and actually study this time. My school allowed me to come and sit the A2 ISA's in february so that is not a concern. I just need some motivation and know that this can easily be done, if I start doing 3-4 hours a day from now.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Original post by FatehL
Hello all,

I received my AS results a few weeks ago and did pretty bad, due to lack of work put in. I got CEE in psychology, biology, chemistry. For both chem and bio, i got A's in the ISA. My school will not let me carry on for A2, and to be honest, it's almost a blessing in disguise as the teachers are terrible.

So i have decided to go to the library every weekday, relax, and study myself. I will be looking to sit all AS and A2 papers for Bio and Chem (OCR) and A2 papers for Psychology and maybe retake one of the AS. Overall, that is around 11 papers. I have from now to May to revise myself, get the required books and achieve a minimum of BBB. I want A's but BBB is the minimum. I just want to know if this is reasonable. I really regret how I treated my AS levels, and want to make a change. I am more than willing to put in the hours and actually study this time. My school allowed me to come and sit the A2 ISA's in february so that is not a concern. I just need some motivation and know that this can easily be done, if I start doing 3-4 hours a day from now.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Well Done on being motivated to get the grades you want!

You are able to achieve A levels without going to school or college, but you need to make sure that you learn properly and more importantly that you ask for help when you reach a topic you are unsure of - but who to ask?

Have you considered a private tutor or even enrolling on an online A level course which will give you a structured learning plan and tutor support?

Matt - LearnOnline

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending