Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    I was just wondering if anyone knows what companies hire for seasonal positions over christmas?
    I've worked at asda before but had a really bad experience with management so wouldn't want to work there again.

So far i've applied for:
    Primark
    Argos
    Debenhams

i'm looking to earn a bit of extra money whilst not falling behind with uni work as I start my first year in a few weeks.

Thanks!

Also what has been your favourite/worst place to work?

ReputationRep:
    Im in the exact same situation, I went to a game group interview last week and I am expecting to hear back from them this week, it seems that most companies are just starting to start promoting there christmas temps and will do so until october so just keep a lookout.

Just look at indeed every night, almost every retail store in your city center will be recruiting for XMAS already, for stores like GAME/HMV you need to check that stores twitter for more information on it.

I worked at Argos last year though and would recommend them, for me it was an enjoyable experience as the workers where extremely friendly and fun and if you are in the stock room(sounds tedious but its really fun) you will have a lot more fun as it is secluded from the customers so they are way more lenient down there.. Music playing/drinks around and people in general having a bit of fun talking to each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sodafly)
    Im in the exact same situation, I went to a game group interview last week and I am expecting to hear back from them this week, it seems that most companies are just starting to start promoting there christmas temps and will do so until october so just keep a lookout.

Just look at indeed every night, almost every retail store in your city center will be recruiting for XMAS already, for stores like GAME/HMV you need to check that stores twitter for more information on it.

I worked at Argos last year though and would recommend them, for me it was an enjoyable experience as the workers where extremely friendly and fun and if you are in the stock room(sounds tedious but its really fun) you will have a lot more fun as it is secluded from the customers so they are way more lenient down there.. Music playing/drinks around and people in general having a bit of fun talking to
    each other.

Yeah they do usually advertise a bit later, i'm just really eager to try and get a christmas job this year! Yeah my town barely has any major shops besides asda and places like new look, peacocks, argos.
    How did you hear back from argos? I submitted my application the other day online but i'm not sure how the process works because they don't ask you to submit a cv or anything so i'm not sure how they set people apart and decide who they want to interview. That's nice to hear though! I've applied for 2 argos christmas temp positions, thinking of applying for another 2.

Where was your group interview for? I had an interview for Primark christmas temp on friday but I won't know for 3 weeks :/

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangaWhovian)
    Yeah they do usually advertise a bit later, i'm just really eager to try and get a christmas job this year! Yeah my town barely has any major shops besides asda and places like new look, peacocks, argos.
    How did you hear back from argos? I submitted my application the other day online but i'm not sure how the process works because they don't ask you to submit a cv or anything so i'm not sure how they set people apart and decide who they want to interview. That's nice to hear though! I've applied for 2 argos christmas temp positions, thinking of applying for another 2.

Where was your group interview for? I had an interview for Primark christmas temp on friday but I won't know for 3 weeks :/

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate it!
    I think it took about a week or two to hear back from Argos last year, its pretty simple as you will get an email from the manager of your store askign you to attend an interview(pretty much confirms the job offer).

My group interview was for Game and I am supposed to know this week if I got the role or not.

Just keep trying for christmas temp jobs and you will get one,there are always new jobs being posted every night so if you get there early and make sure your app form is good you will be selected, Just remember to tailor your profile to that business.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.