(Original post by Tinykates)
    we gotta lovely breeze here too, must be pretty close

well it's better than last night

i managed to get a nice tan today as well :cool:

lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    How hot is it over there?
    It reached 26/27c in Manchester today, I believe it reached 30c in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious stuff)

well it's better than last night

i managed to get a nice tan today as well :cool:

lovely
    hehe, me too, it was 31 degrees today yayyyyyyyyy nice tan!

ReputationRep:
    gatwick is breezy
    i'm getting slightly baffled here as gatwick is in London and London must be the hottest part in the UK right now........

ReputationRep:
    hehe, me too, it was 31 degrees today yayyyyyyyyy nice tan!
    31?
    :eek:

actually felt a lot cooler than yesterday

it's not so sticky today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazzyaa911)
    i'm getting slightly baffled here as gatwick is in London and London must be the hottest part in the UK right now........
    Not really, its quite common for Manchester to be hotter than Cornwall for example it just depends where the weather front is. In general London tends to be about 2c hotter than Manchester, but it can easily be reversed.

ReputationRep:
    31?
    :eek:

actually felt a lot cooler than yesterday

it's not so sticky today
    have you ever been to florida?

ReputationRep:
    it's not IN london. it's 45mins train journey from gatwick to victoria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Eh?

I live in Chorlton, this five minutes walk away from me:
    http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/chorlton/chorlton1.jpg
    http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/chorlton/chorlton2.jpg
    http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/chorlton/chorlton3.jpg
    http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/chorlton/chorlton4.jpg
    http://www.robertson-i.co.uk/chorlton/chorlton5.jpg

Anyway the people in the Salford are quite nice, some of them are the most genuine people you will ever meet, they may be working class and have little aspirations but they are nice people. Its more genuine than all the posers reading the independant outside the bars where I live.

they are nice pics - but come on, i'm not anti-working class at all - i have no problem with any class at all, but these pics don't really mean much - you could post pictures of nice bridges or a nice river of any area, but the central area of the cities are the ones which matter,

maybe it's just me, i abhor Trafford Borough Council, they have ruined the area i live in, the quality of roads is ****, the rubbish-collecting is crap, it is one of the worst councils in the country, i'd like to be in Cheshire Borough council instead - much smaller and more efficient, they set up events also - in knutsford they have this where its 1930s day and everyone dresses up in clothes from the 1930s and various fun events, we don't get anything like that !

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    it's not IN london. it's 45mins train journey from gatwick to victoria
    ok whatever, its still the airport closed TO London......... which means it must still be hot even 45 mins away, as there is so much activity going on, planes causing pollution as well as regular stops made by cars - causes hot air to rise which ca...

i'll take your word for it

ReputationRep:
    yes
    isn't the heat a nice heat there? its a different heat, yes its damn hot but its not a humid, sticky heat

ReputationRep:

i go every year to our house in Cape Canaveral used to have a bungalow in Orlando

but i like the torrential rain they have after a few hours of sun

ReputationRep:
    isn't the heat a nice heat there? its a different heat, yes its damn hot but its not a humid, sticky heat
    yeah, it's perfect there, just a really nice heat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i go every year to our house in Cape Canaveral used to have a bungalow in Orlando

but i like the torrential rain they have after a few hours of sun
    florida is soooooo amazingggg especially staying in a villa!! they are soooooo spacious and sexy and sweet -

its like living in another world!

ReputationRep:
    its a heat, but tis a weird heat..................... reallllly humid and sticky
    Oh, yeah...couldn't even run it was that humid...Did anyone feel all weak and all over the place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    they are nice pics - but come on, i'm not anti-working class at all - i have no problem with any class at all, but these pics don't really mean much - you could post pictures of nice bridges or a nice river of any area, but the central area of the cities are the ones which matter,

maybe it's just me, i abhor Trafford Borough Council, they have ruined the area i live in, the quality of roads is ****, the rubbish-collecting is crap, it is one of the worst councils in the country, i'd like to be in Cheshire Borough council instead - much smaller and more efficient, they set up events also - in knutsford they have this where its 1930s day and everyone dresses up in clothes from the 1930s and various fun events, we don't get anything like that !
    I've not really had any problems with Manchester City Council, ok their education department sucks (where Trafford's is amongst the best in the country) I know what you mean about the litter though, the bin collection service seems worse in Trafford from what other people have said.

They do a lot of community things near me like the arts festival, unitity even morris dancing in the green. However it dosn't pretend to be Cheshire because its not.

A lot of the old Cheshire is over rated anyway, Sale is nice but its not that posh, the centre is a bit of a dump these days, and Brinnington in Stockport is one of the roughest places in the UK.

I am 4 miles away from the city centre.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid sticky heat wave, bring back Winter!

ReputationRep:
    It reached 26/27c in Manchester today, I believe it reached 30c in London.
    We had about 92 F here

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the old Cheshire is over rated anyway, Sale is nice but its not that posh, the centre is a bit of a dump these days, and Brinnington in Stockport is one of the roughest places in the UK.

I am 4 miles away from the city centre.

yes ! that's because it's come under Trafford, since the hand over in 1970s, oh well - i could become an anarchist and terrorize them to make them give altrincham back to Cheshire county council,

sale is a dump , it used to be nice as well - nevermind

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.