Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have two years before I graduate -- 1 before I have to apply and I am wondering what do I need to in order to get to Imperial, Oxbridge, UCL or St Andrews. It's always been a dream of mine to study in the UK.

So for Bulgaria the entry requirements for Bachelor in Computing are Imperial - 5.9 overall and 6 in Maths, Oxbridge is about the same and UCL might be easier - 5.15. However, St. Andrews is also an option and they want 5.5 overall. I will manage with the grades, but I don't know what else I need. I have quite a few hobbies -- I go to folk dances & gym, read, write, make subtitles. What do you think I need to stand out or something. Also, which one should I go to? I mean, is Oxbridge boring when compared to London? I am not a club kind of person, but are there movie theatres etc...

Also I don't really know how the loans work. As far as I am concerned, I know that I get a loan which covers my tuition, but can I get a loan for accommodation?

And last but not least, because my *other* dream is to live in Chicago. Would I have a problem finding a job in software development/engineering there with a British diploma?

I am sorry for the many possibly ridiculous, questions and I thank you in advance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 8, 2015

University open days

1. Imperial College
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.