Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    Im about to start doing a primary education degree at Roehampton university, and I am really looking forward to going to University, but Im slightly worried that I might change what I want to do after Ive been. If I change my mind and want to be a secondary school teacher, or if I don't want to teach at all and I want to go into a completely different career like Management, will it look really bad and will I not likely get a job if Ive got such a narrowed degree like primary teaching??????
    Im hoping to take a masters after my degree in something else to broaden my knowledge more and give me something else to go with, so can I take a masters in Maths, Geography or Art, having done those A Levels, even though my degree will be in Primary teaching???????

    You could do a masters degree in sSocial Work, that would maybe tie in nicely. You could go on to do further training in safeguarding, or maybe be the Designated Safeguarding Officer within a school? You could work with children who are out of education, at risk of exclusion or becoming NEET. You will probably be able to take a masters in the subjects you mentioned and then you could teach at secondary level I am assuming. You could always try to become head of department in a school.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2015

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.