Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey so for my AS levels i got CCCD and i plan on doing Arts and Sciences at UCL. Therefore I need at least AAA. I do Product Design, RE and Maths. Any tips or suggestions on turning things around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muctarrio97)
    Hey so for my AS levels i got CCCD and i plan on doing Arts and Sciences at UCL. Therefore I need at least AAA. I do Product Design, RE and Maths. Any tips or suggestions on turning things around?
    To be realistic, you may have to take a gap year, as even if your capable of AAA your AS grades may not be enough to get you an offer.
    But if you're set on getting AAA you'd need to be prepared for a fair few resits and start revising from around March and put plenty of time in. I'd say at least 5 hours a week per subject. Any free periods you get use them to get plenty of work done so you have less to do at home so you can focus more on revision

Hope it all goes well next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam280297)
    To be realistic, you may have to take a gap year, as even if your capable of AAA your AS grades may not be enough to get you an offer.
    But if you're set on getting AAA you'd need to be prepared for a fair few resits and start revising from around March and put plenty of time in. I'd say at least 5 hours a week per subject. Any free periods you get use them to get plenty of work done so you have less to do at home so you can focus more on revision

Hope it all goes well next year
    What about BBCD for AAA at A2? What advice can you give me?

ReputationRep:
    Snap! I got the same at AS (Physics, Maths, History - dropped Chemistry), having been predicted As and Bs and am aiming to do much better at A2. For Maths, I've been told C3 and C4 make the AS units a lot simpler, so I'm hoping to do much better in the resits. If you haven't already, ask your teachers for your mark breakdown (if your board issues it), as I've found it helpful to know if it's a particular topic I struggled with, or whether it's exam technique across that whole paper that needs improving. Other than that, unfortunately I think it's just a case of revise, revise, revise, and praying for nice papers

Try not to be disheartened - getting Cs means you've got at least 60% right, so it's just a case of getting those extra few marks next time round! If you don't get the offers you want, there's always adjustment or you can reapply the following year having taken a year out

Hope it goes better for you next time round - any other tips/advice you get I'd be grateful for!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.