Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my names Beth and I'm a first year student studying makeup and hair for media and performance at Arts Uni Bournemouth (AUB). I'm living at Brackon House private student Halls as i didn't get a room in the university halls. It would be great to get to know some other students on the same course as me/ going to AUB in September 2015.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Hope you are enjoying your course. I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about the course from a students perspective? My main goal is to do prosthetics, special effects make-up and wigs is the course good for that? I am considering applying for the course in a years time but as a mature student. Is everyone just out of school age or are there a variety of ages?
    Sorry for all the questions
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hello! From a first years perspective I'm loving the course! It offers both special effects and prosthetics work, but not until the second year. We do some wig work in first year but again is mainly focused in second year. First year is mainly focused on learning the foundations and basics of hair and makeup and then goes into exploring techniques to meet a breif that we are given. The course layout changes every three years so that may not apply to you, and things might change. I took a year out befor going to Aub and thought I would be the oldest on my course, I was very wrong! The age range is from 18 to early 30's. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justginge)
    Hello! From a first years perspective I'm loving the course! It offers both special effects and prosthetics work, but not until the second year. We do some wig work in first year but again is mainly focused in second year. First year is mainly focused on learning the foundations and basics of hair and makeup and then goes into exploring techniques to meet a breif that we are given. The course layout changes every three years so that may not apply to you, and things might change. I took a year out befor going to Aub and thought I would be the oldest on my course, I was very wrong! The age range is from 18 to early 30's. Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much for your reply!
    That sounds brilliant, I will defiantly look into applying!
    So glad theres a big age range, thats encouraging for when I apply, I was really worried!
    If I have anymore questions would that be ok?
    Thanks again, good luck with the rest of your studies
    Happy new year!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I've applied to do Make-up for Media and Performance at Bournemouth Arts - I have an interview next week, I was just wondering what are the interviews like? Are they group or individual? xxx

ReputationRep:
    That's exciting!😄 Everyone that was being interviewed on the same day as me were put into the same room so we could all meet and chat a bit, then my actual Interview was on a one to one basis with our course leader. I took a year out befor going to uni so my interview was over two years ago now but from what I've heard they haven't changed much! I'd make sure you know the current trends, be able to list off some makeup artists the you love and keep up to date with who's won makeup awards recently! I found my interview pretty relaxed, just be confident and chatty and they will love you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justginge)
    That's exciting!😄 Everyone that was being interviewed on the same day as me were put into the same room so we could all meet and chat a bit, then my actual Interview was on a one to one basis with our course leader. I took a year out befor going to uni so my interview was over two years ago now but from what I've heard they haven't changed much! I'd make sure you know the current trends, be able to list off some makeup artists the you love and keep up to date with who's won makeup awards recently! I found my interview pretty relaxed, just be confident and chatty and they will love you!
    Thank you so much for replying ☺ I'm really nervous but excited too! I just hope they like me ☺

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.